• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] xTheme 0.4 (Droid X) for Froyo 2.2 FRF84B (7/11/10)

i couldnt find that folder i look everywhere?
also could you post the new music mod apk?

I don't think you looked everywhere.

Update.zip -> System -> Apps -> xxxx.apk -> res -> drawable-hdpi

Use the same method to get to the music mod apk, it is in system/app/MusicGoogle.apk

Once you extract that .apk, you need to push it to your /system/app to get it to work

It is not signed, and will not install otherwise.

Upvote 0
To beat an already dead horse (by me, anyway) - if you could add an xThemed ringer widget (a la NexTheme) to the to-do list after LauncherPro, it'd be greatly appreciated.

As it is, this is amazing. Simply amazing. I didn't think my phone could get better than Bugless Beast 2.0, but then I tried NexFro. I didn't think my phone could get better than NexFro, and then I tried BB 0.03 with xTheme.

Upvote 0
The ringer widget will be something I include if I'm releasing a whole ROM. For now, this theme only changes apps that come by default. I hope that makes sense.

dfine, that's because your computer doesn't know that an apk is just a zip file. Open it, and when it asks you what app to use, just use whatever app you use to open archives (I use WinRAR)

Upvote 0
hey fab, anyway to get this to work on the new bb 0.4 build?? it got stuck on the M logo after installing, which I thought was weird bc that's usually a kernel issue, but everything was booting up fine before installing your newest update.

i LOVE this theme! so i'm hoping there is a way it works. pete doesn't build his ROMs from source so I figured it would work, but no luck.

thanks fab!!!

Upvote 0
Making some progress...

xthemebb04.png

Upvote 0
Just updated to .4 from your Nexfro .1.1 and I must say I am addicted to nextheme :(, I hope this helps kick my addiction :p

Edit: is it possible we could see a black notification bar on this? Id love that as well as a facebook nextheme widget

Edit 2: downloaded and installed, I much prefer Nextheme I hope you don't stop with that :(.
I appreciate the work put into this however its just Nextheme looks so refined.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones