• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Themed ROM] Bugless Beast Froyo v.01 - NexTheme

Hey justjosh, thanks for putting the time and effort into theming BB with NexTheme. I'm sure a lot of users will get mileage out of this.

Now, I'm a little confused at some of the criticism I have seen in regards to this release. :( Am I wrong or has Fabolous not released a "NexBeast" ROM yet? So this would be a ROM option that you didn't have before...right???

Some users are being rude IMO to someone who is trying to contribute something to the Droid community (and giving credit to Pete and Fab for the work he used...he credited manup too).

He never said he was going to gank Fab's throne! He said this:

Sorry for the short rant...just seems like having to tell my kids to use their manners! :mad:

I agree 100% Justjosh is not asking for $$$ and credited those those that needed to be credited from the beginning. The negative comments would make anyone hesitant to contribute here (end result, we all miss out). As they say, "No good deed goes unpunished."

To all those that make honest contributions to this forum, keep up the good work. It is appreciated (at least by me).

Upvote 0
Justjosh - rock on. Don't let the bastards grind you down

Yikes...That might be a little harsh. I don't know that anyone is deserving of the "bastard" title here...

People are loyal to Fabolous and that's a good thing. Justjosh released something prior to Fab's 2.2 release of NexBeast (which is up now) and he probably did so for his own benefit and figured he'd share it cause Bugless Beast is a very popular ROM and NexTheme is a very popular theme. It's not optimized...

I'm not sure how justjosh ripped the theme off of NexFro but you can't just simply theme BB with NexTheme (cause it has to be ported from the N1 which is what Fab did). So bang...he did it for you.

I think people thought justjosh was trying to...well, I don't know what they were thinking...

Bottom line...justjosh isn't asking anything from anyone and neither does Fabolous for that matter. If you want a themed version of BB...here you go. If you want the optimization and themed version that Fabolous provides...you have that option too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones