• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Themed ROM] NexBeast FRF57 V0.1.1 (WIFI FIXED) - 6/13/2010

Did Fab fix the wifi?

• Yes

Votes: 40 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 35.5%

• Total voters
Hey fab great work on the new nexbeast and congrats on the job. But I have one problem with the new update. It doesn't show the smoked outlines around the bottom buttons on the stock launcher. I did use the first zip file you posted before the battery update. How can I get them back?

Ah, since Pete themed the launcher to get rid of them...

If you really want them back, you can pull the Launcher2.apk from NexFro and push it to /system/app/

Upvote 0
First things first....THANKS FAB!!!! another amazing ROM... everything working great...including wifi (haven't tried mototorch though). made it forget wifi and reconnected fine.

also which baseband is the newest out right now? seen ppl using a couple different ones.

THANKS FAB YOUR THE MAN!!!!

You forgot it and reconnected and it worked fine!

Wow, this is a crapshoot :thinking:

But I'm very happy for you :D

Anyways, the lastest baseband is .43. I'll have a link up in the OP in a sec.

Upvote 0
I know it's not been a long time, but how is battery life on this? I have Pete's BB and battery life is down 10% every hour. Terrible. I'm also OC'd at 1GHZ which could be the cause I suppose. I'm not even sure it's necessary to go that high with JIT enabled on FROYO.

How is Chevy's Kernel with this? I've always loved his work - it seems to sit well on my phone.

Thinking about taking the plunge but I'm just so tired of putting my phone back together at this point!!!!!

Upvote 0
Fab...My status report:

Awesome ROM. I really missed having NexBeast, so it's nice having it on Froyo.

WiFi works! But I haven't tried the "forget" thing to see if I can get it up and running again. I'll try that later once I backup what I have going now.

Market apps loaded in about 4 minutes (all 70+ of them). When it first loaded up I quickly placed the power widget on one of the home screen and got WiFi up and running. It seemed to speed up the DL of my apps.

I love the themed Twitter widget!

MotoTorch doesn work, though :(. It force closes everytime.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Upvote 0
I know it's not been a long time, but how is battery life on this? I have Pete's BB and battery life is down 10% every hour. Terrible. I'm also OC'd at 1GHZ which could be the cause I suppose. I'm not even sure it's necessary to go that high with JIT enabled on FROYO.

How is Chevy's Kernel with this? I've always loved his work - it seems to sit well on my phone.

Thinking about taking the plunge but I'm just so tired of putting my phone back together at this point!!!!!

i use P3droids 1000 kernel and keep it clocked to 800 i get great battery life.

Upvote 0
i use P3droids 1000 kernel and keep it clocked to 800 i get great battery life.

p3 1.0ghz kernel was giving me heat problems. which is weird because i was using the p3 1.0ghz for 2.1 and it worked perfect. i switched over to the p3 1.2ghz kernel though and seems to be no heat problems now. weird. i have it clocked at 1.0 with pete's script. setcpu seems to make everything laggy. i don't know why.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones