• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Themed ROM] NexBeast V1.1 (updated 5/27/2010)

How do I reset this poll!

• Yes

Votes: 63 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 50 64.1%

• Total voters
Hope your dont mind Fabolous...I themed the search widget for LauncherPro and grabbed the NexThemed Twitter app from Manup. Here are the screen shots and downloads. You'll have to adb push these over to system/app

LauncherPro 0.4.2: com.fede.launcher.apk

Twitter.apk: Twitter.apk

snap20100604_211915.png
snap20100604_211910.png

I don't mind at all, that is awesome looking!

I hope you don't mind if I include these in the next version ;)

Upvote 0
Yo Fab, I've been using your ROM for a little over a week now and it's great!

I do have a few questions though:

I noticed that the lockscreen icons are opaque when in portrait mode and transparent when in landscape. Was this a stylistic decision or a minor glitch? I don't really mind it too much, but I would rather they both be the same.

Another thing that kinda bugs me is that the icon for the marketplace is an HTC themed icon. I don't have anything against HTC, but I think it looks out of place on my droid and would like to change it.

Upvote 0
I don't mind at all, that is awesome looking!

I hope you don't mind if I include these in the next version ;)

Dont mind at all...I noticed this morning that there is a 0.4.3 LauncherPro and 1.0.1 Twitter app out now. I'll theme those tonight and post them up here. There's a couple other stuff I want to work on also that may go with this theme :)

I dont use ADW but if anyone wants the search widget themed for that app I can provide it.

Upvote 0
Yo Fab, I've been using your ROM for a little over a week now and it's great!

I do have a few questions though:

I noticed that the lockscreen icons are opaque when in portrait mode and transparent when in landscape. Was this a stylistic decision or a minor glitch? I don't really mind it too much, but I would rather they both be the same.

Another thing that kinda bugs me is that the icon for the marketplace is an HTC themed icon. I don't have anything against HTC, but I think it looks out of place on my droid and would like to change it.

What version are you using? I thought he dropped the HTC market icon awhile ago. I'm on 1.1 and its the standard market icon for me.

Upvote 0
Love this rom, it's great, and haven't yet decided between LP and ADW.
However, after running it for a while, I stopped being able to "add to home" the icons for folders I have in Apps Organizer. It won't create them. I temporarily solved the problem by switching launchers to LPbeta, but it only lasted a few days, then I had same prob. Switched back to ADW, but it still doesn't work there.

Any ideas on this?

thanks,
rlr

ps: can't add them w/ better cut either

Upvote 0
Love this rom, it's great, and haven't yet decided between LP and ADW.
However, after running it for a while, I stopped being able to "add to home" the icons for folders I have in Apps Organizer. It won't create them. I temporarily solved the problem by switching launchers to LPbeta, but it only lasted a few days, then I had same prob. Switched back to ADW, but it still doesn't work there.

Any ideas on this?

thanks,
rlr

ps: can't add them w/ better cut either

I don't know much about that app, or bettercut. I think they were designed for the default launcher, so it's not guaranteed to be 100% compatible with these third party replacements.

hey Fab,

just wanted to say great job with this rom; it's blazing fast, runs cool and stable and looks very slick. major props to you and pete!

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it.

Upvote 0
I am a rooting neeb (full disclosure).

I am on my 3rd ROM. First was BB 1.1 w/Nex theme (pretty, smooth and fast at 1Ghz). Then CM 5.0.8 (Not as fast or pretty but 40+ more megs of memory!). Now I am using NexBeast 1.1 (1.2 Ghz kernel, everything running smooth).

The only problem I'm having is using scripts. When I open Android terminal Emulator and type "su" and hit enter, it brings up an "Edit Text" dialog box with the options to copy or paste and it won't let me proceed.

I have uninstalled the emu and then re-installed but no luck.

Am I doing something wrong? Can I run scripts using Root Explorer and how? Is there another emu you would recommend?

All I really want to do is get rid of some of the native apps to free up some memory. Should I just use root explorer to do this?

Thanks for your replies.

Upvote 0
Absolutely love the Rom. It was my first custom ROM ever! I rooted my phone long ago to force an early Froyo an for the wireless tether, but this is the first time ive really started to explore the possibilities of my phone.

Anyways the links on your front page for the Kernels seem to be down, so I went directly to ChevyNo1's page and tried out a new one via Clockwork Mod. I got the endless boot loop of death. I am not very knowledgeable about kernels and was wondering what you would suggest for me to try/do that would be the fastest and most stable one. Thanks for your help and keep up the good work!

Upvote 0
Absolutely love the Rom. It was my first custom ROM ever! I rooted my phone long ago to force an early Froyo an for the wireless tether, but this is the first time ive really started to explore the possibilities of my phone.

Anyways the links on your front page for the Kernels seem to be down, so I went directly to ChevyNo1's page and tried out a new one via Clockwork Mod. I got the endless boot loop of death. I am not very knowledgeable about kernels and was wondering what you would suggest for me to try/do that would be the fastest and most stable one. Thanks for your help and keep up the good work!

I would suggest a Gingerbread ROM, or at least a more modern Froyo one. This thread is long dead, and the OP doesn't use his Droid any longer (but I do believe he still has it). I would suggest going to the Droid - ROMs section and exploring all the possibilities there. Droid has come along way since this thread was created.

Upvote 0
Ok s you were right. I am running the 2.3.2 gingerbread and upgraded to a 1.25 Kernel. I cant believe how much faster this thing is. I cant wait to try out new ROMs and themes. My question would be if there was a collection of the different types. I really wish there was an easier way to view a gallery of the themes and features. Its a little tedious the way it is now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones