• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Themed ROM] NexFro 1.0.1 - Android 2.2 FRF57 (WIFI FIXED)

Thanks for deciding the name!

• NexFro

Votes: 115 86.5%
  • NexCream

Votes: 22 16.5%

• Total voters
will be be able to install then do a data restore from a 2.2 backup before we reboot out of recovery? this would in theory replace all the apps and stuff.

If you're already on 2.2, then you should be able to do a selective install, leave out /Data...Fab can confirm when he gets back.

OTOH, the auto restore of apps and things like My Backup Pro and Titanium Backup make data wipes pretty insignificant.

Upvote 0
Question for all the other Titanium backup users...

Do you backup user AND system apps/data? Or just user apps? I've been only doing user apps because of my fear of bugs if I restored an old system app with a new rom..

That's how I was instructed to role. But TB has not cooperated well w/ my FroYo. Everytime I try to restore apps, it restarts.

Upvote 0
Can the fonts be a separate download? Or will I need to restore again to get them later?

idk how to make the update.zip that doesn't mess up 3G. otherwise I'd have just released the version with fonts, and made the default fonts an update.zip

:(

-Can someone test a CW nandroid for me, specifically the wifi. It's really driving me nuts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones