• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Themed ROM] NexFro 1.0.1 - Android 2.2 FRF57 (WIFI FIXED)

Thanks for deciding the name!

• NexFro

Votes: 115 86.5%
  • NexCream

Votes: 22 16.5%

• Total voters
For the brave souls...

NexFro101.zip

update.zip format, CW and SPR compatible

Results attainable :D

1200mhz.png

Upvote 0
I haven't fixed any permissions except Titanium backup - but MotoTorch is reported by a whole pile of folks as working now with FRF57 where it was not on the older build.

Not sure what is going on here, but I still suspect something on the phone playing badly with this ROM and that app.

Question - are you using the widget or running the app, b/c I ran the app - haven't tried widget, now that I think about it.

Upvote 0
I haven't fixed any permissions except Titanium backup - but MotoTorch is reported by a whole pile of folks as working now with FRF57 where it was not on the older build.

Not sure what is going on here, but I still suspect something on the phone playing badly with this ROM and that app.

Question - are you using the widget or running the app, b/c I ran the app - haven't tried widget, now that I think about it.

Widget. The app should just be the settings.

Upvote 0
ok, random dumb question but i havent been keeping track of my nandroid backups and am not sure which froyo rom i just installed....

Since this where i downloaded his first froyo based rom yesterday what build number is frf57? is that build number 1 when i look in about phone? or did i just install the old android?

Upvote 0
Widget. The app should just be the settings.

App is not just settings - you can turn it on, run a strobe, send Morse code....

let me try widget - just powered phone back on after doing a battery pull b/c my Market kept FCing....

also, which launcher are you using, default or LP or something else?

Upvote 0
App is not just settings - you can turn it on, run a strobe, send Morse code....

let me try widget - just powered phone back on after doing a battery pull b/c my Market kept FCing....

also, which launcher are you using, default or LP or something else?

LP. Thing is too sweet. I hadn't tried the app, so I'll do that and see what happens.

EDIT: Yeah, same error message. I'm a sad panda

Upvote 0
Just tried widget too - and it is also working.

With FRF57, I did not wipe data, I just formatted System, Cache and Boot, and did a manual restore of the same 3. The only apps that gave me trouble so far are ChrometoPhone (had to uninstall and reinstall so it would register correctly) and now Market (cleared cache, then powered down and did a battery pull - and now seems to be working).

The whole reason I say it is not the ROM is the same reason that someone else said it was not his phone - if it is the ROM then it should be causing problems across the board - but it works plain as day here.

I can even grab the Digital camera and make a video if you really want to see it in action, 'cause I know folks tend to be like "Pix, or it didn't happen!" - but I ain't no lair, I'm telling it like it is.

Upvote 0
Hmm. I know this is causing you headache upon headache, but a good test would be to put a virgin ROM (non themed like the FRF57 leak) and after putting it on there, go to the sign up and skip it and then reboot the phone three or four times.

If it still farks up with no apps and no Google account attached, I'd say you have a major hardware issue.

Also, I know you've done battery pulls, but try leaving the battery out for a ridiculously long time - like, say, half an hour or an hour. After that is over, first connect the power cored (to wall charger, not USB) and then insert battery - and let it boot.

Those are all very good suggestions...if I was single I'd be on 'em like spit on a sidewalk, but my wife is already talking about me sleeping in the shed if I don't put down my $*@@&#!! Droid... ;) I actually enjoy trouble-shooting problems like this, when I have more time and aren't working 50 hours a week. :)

Of course, right now after all your trials and tribulations, you're probably thnknig "F it!" and I would not blame you - I would be opting for a ROM that just works right now too. However, if I were you right now, I'd be using SD Lite and putting 2.0 stock, letting it auto update to 2.1 and then taking it to VZW / calling Motorola and asking, nee, demanding a replacement for faulty hardware.

I like the idea of taking it back to stock and building up to 2.2 to see if that makes a difference...if nothing else I could at least isolate it to a likely HW issue as you note...

Thanks for the ideas...we'll see, if I can just get my wife to have a few drinks after work tomorrow night I might get some more free time. :D

Upvote 0

With FRF57, I did not wipe data, I just formatted System, Cache and Boot, and did a manual restore of the same 3. The only apps that gave me trouble so far are ChrometoPhone (had to uninstall and reinstall so it would register correctly) and now Market (cleared cache, then powered down and did a battery pull - and now seems to be working).

The whole reason I say it is not the ROM is the same reason that someone else said it was not his phone - if it is the ROM then it should be causing problems across the board - but it works plain as day here.

I can even grab the Digital camera and make a video if you really want to see it in action, 'cause I know folks tend to be like "Pix, or it didn't happen!" - but I ain't no lair, I'm telling it like it is.

Yeah I doubt it's intrinsic to the ROM, but perhaps there's a particular hangup that our particular Droids are exploiting. Or maybe the dev is a Red Sox fan. I dunno, I'm usually in over my head w/ this stuff.

Upvote 0
Just cause there's only a handful of people reporting the issue doesn't mean the issue isn't valid. And no one thinks you're Making it up. Just reporting an issue and looking for POSITIVE feedback. :) Oh and +1for the mototoech and led flashlight not working.

Upvote 0
Those are all very good suggestions...if I was single I'd be on 'em like spit on a sidewalk, but my wife is already talking about me sleeping in the shed if I don't put down my $*@@&#!! Droid... ;) I actually enjoy trouble-shooting problems like this, when I have more time and aren't working 50 hours a week. :)

I like the idea of taking it back to stock and building up to 2.2 to see if that makes a difference...if nothing else I could at least isolate it to a likely HW issue as you note...

Thanks for the ideas...we'll see, if I can just get my wife to have a few drinks after work tomorrow night I might get some more free time. :D

I also did a search in the market, and there are literally a plethora of apps named 'sensor' - I'd run a few of those and see if you're getting goofy results on any of your sensors. Could be used as evidence to support a replacement claim.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones