• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Themes and widgets "underneath" it...

inssane

Android Expert
Dec 17, 2009
Chi-Town
So if I install a theme over my stock theme that already has icons and widgets and the theme shows no icons, do the original widgets still run underneath the theme?
I am theming via .zip files not metamorph and I need to know if I should clear out all my widgets and icons before the installation.
I would rather not as I just set them all up again, lol.
Thanks
Nick

So if I install a theme over my stock theme that already has icons and widgets and the theme shows no icons, do the original widgets still run underneath the theme?
I am theming via .zip files not metamorph and I need to know if I should clear out all my widgets and icons before the installation.
I would rather not as I just set them all up again, lol.
Thanks
Nick

Is there a themed launcher as part of the new theme? AFAIK widgets and icons will remain the same (newly themed widgets and icons might needs to be reinstalled) unless you now have either replaced the original launcher or now, due to the new theme included in the zip file, have multiple launchers installed. I would use a program like home switcher to see what other launchers are on you system and remove the icons and widgets from the unused launchers.

Did I confuse you? I just read my post and confused myself :eek:

Upvote 0
I loaded the Sterling theme - it kept my ADW launcher (2.1 launcher was already cleared) and it kept all my icons and such. Whew

I know what you are saying though. ADW launcher made everything go poof the first time around without a theme on BB V1 and I had to nandroid, clear them out and re load the launcher. This time around I had the "Home" or "Launcher" to chose from whereas I didn't have that choice before.

All is good. Now I am going to tweak some more. I don't need crack, I have a Droid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones