Themes for stock 2.2 (FRG01)

Last Updated:

1. QBallTBEB

QBallTBEB Member This Topic's Starter

Are there any themes available for stock froyo (FRG01)? I can't stand the white status bar!

Advertisement
  2. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

Bump for answer. This forum is getting pretty slow it seems :(.

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Unless a theme specifically states that it will not work for FRG01 builds, (and thus far I haven't seen one say that) FroYo themes should, in general, work on this latest release as well.

However, I'll start asking around to see if anyone knows if they, in fact, break on newer FroYo builds.

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

The one issue with using themes for older builds is that some files could be downgraded. Update.zip style themes replace every file that they are theming. So say the market has a slight update in FRG01 when you use a FRF84 theme you would be getting the FRF84 market.

That being said I dont know if anything that is being themed changed between FRF84 and FRG01 or if it was just drivers and binaries.

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Lol before I could PM you you posted a reply - good clairvoyance there, OMJ!

I suspected that this may be the case, so I suppose it is now going ot rest on the theme devs shoulders to specifically say which ROM their themes do and don' work on, eh?

6. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

The DarkEdge theme - which is listed as being for stock de-odexed FRF ROMs - works with the stock de-odexed FRG01 ROM, although it is a Metamorph theme, not a update.zip.

7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

metamorph means it will only replace pngs and not the actual apps though. So metamorph wont actually downgrade anything.