Themes: Getting rid of the Green Guy???

Last Updated:

1. -Don

-Don Active Member This Topic's Starter

If this has already been answered I apologize but I haven't come across the answer yet.

The Green Guy During Call, think it's cute and all but how do I get rid of him?

I use the phone for business and I don't like having a bright green android popping up every time someone calls who I don't have a photo for.

I found another thread with this topic but there hasn't been an answer to it yet.

Any free themes to get rid of him?
    -or-
    Does anyone know the location of the little green guy so that I can delete it manually

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I have seen this asked a few times, and there hasnt been a single response ... If there is a way to do it, I dont think anyone has found it yet.

3. -Don

-Don Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for the response, I wasn't sure if I was missing something obvious or if no one knew.

I read about an update that changed the android image from 2D to 3D so I know it's possible, I just wish it was easier to make changes on the phone like it is in other versions of Linux....That was the main reason I didn't get the iPhone, I thought Linux/Android would be more customizable than Mac/iPhone.

So I guess now I will look into finding out the root password and a Free Terminal/Shell App for the Eris HTC....but if it's in ROM, I'm not sure that I can do anything with it until they have an update to flash it.

Thanks again, It I find the answer I will post back

4. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Well-Known Member

Not entirely true, the only way you can modify an iphone/ipod touch is by jailbreaking it, thus voiding your warrenty. but with an open source OS its just a case of finding the files and modifiying them.

5. WelshTedz

WelshTedz New Member

Changing the Default settings for the Display Image if you don't have one would most likely be in the Administrator settings. So you would need a rooted device.
    I can not confirm if this is correct, but i'm sure there is a way of doing it.