Themes...homebutton launcher

1. Shurple

Shurple Well-Known Member

I used to use go launcher and I noticed severe battery drain. Now I have ADW and altho it doesn't drain my battery, it crashes CONSTANTLY. Is there another homescreen launcher you recommend (I am rooted which is why I post here).

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The big four, in my opinion, are ADW EX (I think it's better than ADW), LauncherPro (and LauncherPro+), GO Launcher EX and, I think, Zeam. I've been using Go Launcher EX on a non-rooted Droid 3 for weeks now with absolutely no difference in battery life - unless Go was listed in the list of apps that have used battery, I doubt that it was Go itself which was draining your battery.

Anyway, I used LauncherPro+ for over a year and it was fine, but it hasn't been updated in a long time. ADW EX, as I mentioned, is also very good. When I switched to GO EX, I was going back and forth between that and ADW EX and ultimately I felt that ADW EX was slightly better (but I think that's mostly because I like its messaging widget.)
    Shurple likes this.
  3. Shurple

Gonna check out "go" again (now that bloat is gone maybe it will be ok) and the others u listed. Ty!
  4. Shurple

I went and installed Go Launcher EX and immediately, with 10 texts, my phone is at 60%. Normally I"m at 80 at this time of day. I am cleaning up some crap, making sure no widgets are running and will let my phone die today, and i'll charge it from 0. See how it does tomorrow before I uninstall Go Launcher EX too.
  5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

settings->battery & data manager->touch the battery icon. It tells you what the top battery-using apps are since you last unplugged. If you check immediately after unplugging, obviously it will not be all that helpful.
    Shurple likes this.