Themes

Last Updated:

1. Rileyy-

Rileyy- Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really like the HTC Evo Theme but I don't know what its called. Can anyone tell me what it is and/or how to download it and what I need .

Advertisement
  2. cruiser771

cruiser771 Well-Known Member

Sense UI, do you just want the clock or the whole theme?just google it its about 5 spots down

3. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

You can get copycats of the clock app, but the theme[Sense UI], you won't be able to get. It belongs to HTC and you can only get it from a HTC phone.

4. Jude72

Jude72 Well-Known Member

If you add Launcher Pro, you could add the hTc Evo Dock as well as the clock and weather widgets.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think lots of people use either Beautiful Widget or Fancy Widget for the Clock. I know you can download the Fancy Widget .apk file from Here.

cruiser771 likes this.
  5. cruiser771

Didn't know about Fancy Widget, thanks for the link. here's what I noticed, Fancy Widget looks the most like the Sense widget but doesn't have animations, probably uses less resources. The date doesn't have the year, just like on sense. Last version was 1.3 before it was removed from the marketplace. Beautiful Widget looks the least like Sense but they had their app removed from the market too until they changed it, you have to have v 2.36 or lower if you want the sense version. here's a comparo

HTC Sense>
    [​IMG]

Fancy Widget>
    [​IMG]

W+T H7C Widget>
    [​IMG]

Beautiful Widget>
    [​IMG]

so yeah W+T H7C looks pretty crappy when seen side by side, but tapping the widget brings out the forecast and animations. blows away the plain looking fancy widget forecast. Beautiful Widget also has a nice animation and forecast

Fancy Widget Forecast>
    [​IMG]

W+T H7C Forecast, clouds are animated and stroll across>
    [​IMG]

Beautiful Widget Forecast, clouds are animated and stroll across>
    [​IMG]

Flaspeneer likes this.
  6. Jude72

Jude72 Well-Known Member

I've never seen anything other than the hTc in action....I don't have my smart phone yet. I've just been collecting links and bookmarking all sorts of stuff. I've got to wait until Nov 3rd to get my Epic. I had always wanted to make it look like the Evo because I love the Sense UI but since hanging out here and seeing some of the other Launcher Pro themes, I think I'm going to go with something more simple. I love the Tanj clock and text icons out there.

7. cruiser771

so I had fancy widget up today, not to great of an experience. it showed the sun was up till well past 8pm, and wasn't too accurate on my locations either, even after manual refreshes. beautiful widgets was pretty good, and i noticed it doesn't come up on the list of apps in the task killer (much like the google search widget, power control widget, etc), so its probably not a memory hog. im gonna stick with beautiful widgets for now

8. Jude72

Jude72 Well-Known Member

I had heard beautiful widget was better....but my understanding was that hTc had the people who made it, take it off the market. Do you have a link to where you got it from? :)

9. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

I'm gonna roll with Beautiful Widgets too. I had tried Fancy Widgets a while ago & the time wouldn't update after a while.

10. cruiser771

both of them were actually removed from the market, found it on a torrent. ill upload to megauploader and send you the link

Jude72 likes this.
  11. candi3188

candi3188 Well-Known Member

Wait...but Beautiful Widgets is available on the market and Appbrain unless I'm misunderstanding the conversation (sorry if I am)...I'm about to try it out with WidgetLocker.

Beautiful Widgets - Android app on AppBrain

12. cruiser771

yes its still in the market but after v2.36 the look of the clock was changed. the one in the market is not the HTC Sense clock anymore

13. candi3188

candi3188 Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh ok, gotcha now. Well it's a good thing that's isn't why I just bought it lol.

14. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member

Beautiful Widgets has a ton of clocks to choose from. I wish you could use just the clock and not the weather, though.