1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

There are more posts about the Razr in the Nexus forumGeneral

1. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Ironic it is.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

I noticed the same thing. The lack of buzz for this phone is suprising. Maybe the 9 months of buzz only for a letdown with the Bionic is part of the problem. Or the huge amount of (incredible like) buzz the Prime has gotten has taken it all. Maybe we will know more to fill this board in a few hours later today.....
  3. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

I don't find it ironic. Many people, like myself, are on the fence about which of these two beasts they want to carry around for the next 2 years.

They definitely are in a frenzy in the Prime forum. They are gonna be in an IRC channel all day today awaiting the announcement tonight. (Hi Steven!) I've been excited about phones before, but I've never seen the flurry of posts and lurkers (182,500 views of the sticky post alone) for the Prime. Yes a few of those views are mine.
  4. gordongartrell

gordongartrell Well-Known Member

I still think that the RAZR will outsell the Nexus Prime. To the average consumer, The RAZR brand is a more known household name than the Prime. Plus Verizon will be putting tonnes of money into advertising the RAZR.
    jroc likes this.
  5. rushmore

Though I still can not figure out where they are fitting a microsd and sim slot (if specs correct), I would pick this over the Nexus due to the microsd. If it has one of course. If not, I will do as planned: Wait for the 28nm chipset LTE device next year. I also have not been sold on ICS, due to the nav bar (if fixed or not). Still an issue of semantics and debate on how that is handled.

My Droid 3 is a nice fall back phone :)
  6. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

I think the reason is that a lot of folks jumped onto Bionic already after long wait and the others who chose to skip Bionic have been looking at Nexus mostly. It's amazing that Razr came up this fast since it was first leaked, rumored back in August though Bionic took so long. I think Razr will eventually pick up steam here soon.
  7. huskerkate

huskerkate Well-Known Member

i've been saying for months that i was going to wait for both the Spyder and Nexus to come out before picking one. today's unveiling was pretty impressive - the RAZR is going to be a big seller, and deservedly so.

that being said, the RAZR has slipped solidly into second place for me, barring any major disappointments in the unveiling of the GNex. it is a very sexy looking device, and has specs to back it up. but, the locked BL is a big deal to me. i understand why it's locked, since Moto/VZW appear to be heavily targeting the business customers with the RAZR, with all of the security and encryption features. if they want to continue marketing this as a safe and secure device for business use, i don't think they can allow the BL to be unlocked.

the second knock on the RAZR is less important, but still a knock - no NFC chip. i think in the next 2 years, this is going to be a big deal, and i don't want to have a device that doesn't support it.

the third drawback is no ICS. of course, i fully expect the RAZR to get ICS. but, given all of the new software that the RAZR has, integrating all of that into ICS will take some time.

in the end, for me, the GNex is looking like the better choice: unlocked BL (most likely), equal (if not slightly better) specs, ICS, NFC, a dev'r community just drooling over the chance to hack at it, etc. so, unless something bizarre happens, i'm probably looking at the Nexus.
  8. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

That was a great analysis Kate, snd I agree on all points. I'll add that RAZR is equally pleasing in the form factor as Galaxy Nexus.

The non-removable battery in RAZR is also a bummer. Now if it can truly run 12 hours with moderate to heavy usage, well...maybe not so bad. But for me, if you can't change batteries, that thing better run from 7am to 11pm and that will never happen with Android and my usage.
  9. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

Built-in battery seems to be the biggest con of Razr to me, but everything else on it looks pretty nice. No matter how good built-in battery is, there are some times that pulling out, replacing battery are needed. It seems to me that Android is imitating iPhone more and more, Nexus without sd slot and now Razr without removable battery.
  10. rushmore

True dat, but the fixed battery is also how Apple keeps it slim.
  11. cereal killer

cereal killer Well-Known Member

October 27th I shall make the call into Verizon.

ck: Yes sir/mam I'd like to use my upgrade.

VZW: We can help you with that.

ck: I'd like to get the Droid RAZR

VZW: Fantastic we can do that for you