There are no best buys within a 50 mile radius that have the evo

Last Updated:

1. verizyou

verizyou Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I want to get the Evo from best buy because there is no rebate and the insurance has no deducible. However, there are none within a 50 mile radius that have them. when will more stock come in?

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Hold on while I check my magic 8 ball...

3. verizyou

thanks for your help...

4. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Sorry if that's not what your looking for but unfortunately it's a crap shoot at best. Just keep calling the stores. They'll be able to tell you better than any of us will...

5. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

that dosent necessarily mean much. My previous place of residence had one best buy in about 70 miles. Where you from?

6. silliybilly

silliybilly Well-Known Member

The 2 Best Buy stores in my area only have EVO's for people that are on "the list". I had to put my name on the list and I'm now waiting. One Sprint store had over 100 people on their waiting list. And all the Radio Shacks in the area also have waiting lists. This phone is HOTTTTTT!!!

7. Haris

Haris Well-Known Member

Man I remember the hell I went through before I got my phone... hopefully you get yours soon!

verizyou likes this.
  8. verizyou

I'm in Laguna Beach, Orange County California. zip code: 92651

9. BenChase7

Wow.. I stand corrected. :)
    Good luck, Man.

verizyou likes this.
  10. verizyou

lol. yeah. This isn't Kansas. OC is the second most populous county in California (bigger than San Fran and San Diego, second to LA). And all the dozens of best buys here are sold out. I called up one place and they said they haven't gotten a shipment in a week. Hopefully they get one soon! None of the places I called have waiting lists anymore. It's first come first serve. Once a shipment comes in, they sell out in a couple of hours. I'm going to call every morning this week to make sure I get one. Do you guys have any other suggestions. Is Best buy the best place to get it if I don't want the rebate and want the no deductible insurance?

11. solid_s_1117

solid_s_1117 Well-Known Member

Took me two weeks to find one after putting my name on a waiting list, currently living in a low populous college town, and not being able to upgrade until July 1st. My luck was at Radio Shack, same deal as BB but less ppl to there.

12. BenChase7

I got lucky... I got my EVO about 4 weeks ago. I was walking in to a local best buy in Phx about every other day just hoping I'd get lucky. The BB guy said "its your lucky day, we got 40 in about two hours ago, and we have about 10 left." I was like sweet, but one problem... my 1yr upgrade isnt due for another week. He called Sprint and they totally hooked me up. I was shocked. Been a Sprint customer for 10 yrs and reasons like this are why I stay (not to mention they have the best plans in the business).

Anyway... BB and TheShack are good places (my GF got hers at RadioShack--instant rebates, too).

Good Luck... The EVO is Awesome!

13. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Have you guys tried Sam's Club? Walmart? Radio Shack? Wirefly (Online?)

14. imlkrsfn

imlkrsfn New Member

instant rebate at sprint.com too but out of stock at the moment

15. rsl5150

rsl5150 Member

Do yourself a favor and just call this number: 1-877-702-2211. It's Best Buys number. I called it last Saturday and received my EVO on Wednesday the 21st. They have both the White & Black EVO's in stock. Well they did as of the 18th. Give it a try. Hope it works out for you. This phone is amazing! :D

BTW....i paid the extra $10 for express shipping. Otherwise it would have taken a week or so to arrive.