There doesn't seem to be an Android phone for me.

Last Updated:

1. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

I want a phone that lasts 5 days under heavy use!

/sarcasm

Your expecting way too much man.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

Advertisement
  2. mkglobal

mkglobal Member

I'm expecting a phone that runs 2 days under heavy use. The iPhone 4 does it. The Samsung Galaxy does it. My Bold 2 does it.

Also, CDMA blows.
  3. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

but really... is remote charging via satellite too much to ask? like should i really ever HAVE to charge my phone??? :D
  4. IOWA

No they don't. Apparently your version heavy use doesn't fit the standard version of heavy use, as there is no smartphone in existence that lasts two days under heavy use.

And cdma > gsm detail in link in sig, with pure facts. If cdmasucks so bad, maybe you shouldn't get a 3g phone as gsm carriers use a cdma technology for their 3g service.

*class dismissed*
  5. mkglobal

mkglobal Member

iPhone 4 review -- Engadget

*cough*

I was more on about Verizon & Sprint sucky system. I like having a phone and popping whichever SIM card I want in it.
  6. opticalshadow

opticalshadow Well-Known Member

well that review aside the deffinition i go by with heavy use, and from what i understood standered, didnt have my friends ip4 last all that long, certianlyl not one day. idk, maybe they got lucky, maybe my standereds are diffrent then theirs.

but again i have to ask, why is it importnet you need the phone to last 2 days without charge? do you stay up for 48 hrs often? i mean, its just as easy as plugging it in when you sleep. hell it only takes my nexus one the time it takes me to shower to go from 30% to full (roughly 30 minutes when counting in shaving dressing and all)
  7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Unless they've changed the manner it which the passage of time is measured, 38 hours is 10 hours short of 2 days. That's similar to the charge times i get on my N1 under similar usage.
  8. Zardos

Zardos Well-Known Member

I've never had any phone, EVER, than has lasted more than a day. Be it dumb phone, feature phone or a smart phone. I'm a heavy user. Even the blackberrys I have owned had to be slapped on the charger when I hit the sack at night.

I don't see how people get more than a day out of a phone. I was able to squeeze 14 hours out of my Evo, and I was thrilled.
  9. IOWA

Just because you like something, doesn't make it better. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Here's rock solid facts, on why x is better than y"

"But I like y, so it must be better!"

I prefer having signal reliability thank you very much, and virtually no dropped calls. You can have your SIM.

And posting an engadget article for iphone defense? That's like saying the crap posted on oszcarsguide is true.. wtf? Everyone knows engadget dangles on steve jobs'... the thing you "hold different".
  10. mkglobal

mkglobal Member

Iowa:

You can read every review you want on the Internet, they all praise the iPhone 4 's battery life. To me it doesn't make up for the odd signal issues but it's still a thing competion's forgotten about, especially with phones like the EVO.
    Also, dropped calls and poor signal reliability is caused more by some carrier's shitty network than GSM itself. I've been to France more than once and they get 3G coverage everywhere + never any dropped call. And they use GSM. It's a smaller country indeed but hey, it's also somewhat poorer?

Zardos:

My BlackBerry lasts a good two days under my use, which includes 2 hours of music a day, some browsing, 200-400 text messages, 50-100 e-mails and waving the phone around with the LED flash on because I dropped food in the couch.

lunatic59:

38 hours means that you can take it on Monday morning and basically not charge it until the next evening. That's all I'm asking. Of course I'll charge it every night, but I also happen not to sleep at my place everyday and even (wow!) forget to charge it.
  11. IOWA

I think your over exaggerating a bit here chief. a minimum of 250 texts/emails per day huh? Assuming your awake for 16 hours per day, that would mean your sending a text/email EVERY 4 MINUTES, for 16 HOURS STRAIGHT. Seriously? So you don't eat, commute, or are just to plain busy to send a message every 4 Minutes? Not to mention the time it takes to compose said messages? Please.

Most of these reviewers aren't heavy users. My moment battery lasts 30 some odd hours under "average" use. Now on a daily basis? I'm lucky if it lasts 6 hours, as I AM a heavy user. I have 8 email accounts attached, syncing every hour, constantly browsing, and FTP'ing shit back and forth, and always on the phone with clients. That doesn't even describe half of my use. And if you really want to think about it, given I have a replaceable battery, (which I use extensively), My battery power is unlimited.

And have you ever heard of a car charger? They are very handy. Even with my heavy use, I almost never have battery problems, due to spare batteries/car charger.

And the CDMA vs GSM argument still stands. CDMA is simply a superior technology. It's like Blu-Ray vs DVD.

And your really comparing a Blackberry to a modern day Smartphone? Really? Blackberry now fits more into the featurephone category.
  12. mkglobal

mkglobal Member

Wow, you suck so much at trolling that it's painful to read. If you want it so bad I probably have some of my old phone bills to prove what I'm saying. But that's irrelevant, isn't it?

My original thread was meant to ask which Android phone could fit my requirements, requirements that a Desire with decent battery life and something that deserves to be called a "video camera" would fit perfectly.

What are you gonna do if you fly to say, Europe for some weeks and don't want to pay hefty roaming charges? Buy a local SIM card? Oh, that's right. You can't. Your mate's phone ran out of battery and he really needs to place a call? He can't use your phone.
    Enjoy the complete absence of flexibility. Please don't fall into the usual US behavior, the one that consists in saying "I don't care if we're the only ones to do it, it's better!".
    There's a reason why GSM is used everywhere and has over 85% of the global market:

- better battery life
    - portability of phones across different providers and country
    - better coverage (because it uses repeaters and doesn't depend on how many people are on one cell tower)
    - no interference between cell towers
    - less expensive to maintain and build

CDMA needs to die. It sucks and basically represents a threat to freedom. Until recently CDMA phones couldn't even roam, and even today most of them can't.

FLEXIBILITY.

About the BlackBerry part... Handles e-mail better than any other device out there? Check. Takes pictures and shoots videos? Check. Has a browser? Check. Can have applications not made by RIM? Check. Just because BlackBerries don't have a shiny 12" display doesn't mean they're not smartphones. And for corporate use, they remain the lesser evil.

Back to my phone?
  13. IOWA

Wow dude your Clueless.

1.) CMDA technology is deployed worldwide. It is what the GSM networks use for 3G. Ever hear of 3G?

2.) GSM is deployed in Europe due to the Europeans arrogantly banning deploying any other kind of mobile technology, not because of some artificial superiority.

3.) Really? I mean really? GSM towers get overcrowded a lot easier than CMDA towers, and guess what, CDMA has repeaters too. This just proves how clueless you are about mobile technology.

4.) CDMA has more capacity per tower(Around 3x the capacity, actually), better call quality, and better range.

5.) Your really going to compare that PoS blackberry browser to an Android browser? Or even the iPhone browser? Sick.

6.) My Samsung Moment does e-mail just fine. So does every other Android phone.

Maybe you should read this thread:

http://androidforums.com/lounge/82363-why-cdma-better-than-gsm.html

Here, I'll even make it easier for you.

So if you want CDMA to die so badly, then maybe you should give up any/all 3G handsets you own, because guess what pal, your using CDMA Technology with ANY 3G device.

Sit down son, you just got owned.
  14. mkglobal

mkglobal Member

Could you quickly explain why CDMA is an advantage from the end-user's point of view? Because as far as my experience goes, I don't need Verizon's authorization to use my phone with another carrier.
  15. IOWA

Let me translate that for the forum to understand.

Me: "Here's pure facts, backing my position"

You: "Well all that science and crap is wrong, because I like SIM cards, and I made up a bunch of crap that you proved wrong, and everybody has to agree with me now! Because I sayz so! And now I'm going to call you names!"

Just like the Apple fanboys...

Android user: "Android is better because of x"

Apple fanboy: "Nobody cares about x anyways"

(6 months later)

Apple: " Introducing.... x!"

Fanboys: " Whoa x rules! It's the best thing ever!"

Android user: ":rolleyes:"

Oh and BTW, maybe you should look up RUIM cards, the CDMA version of a SIM card.
  16. mkglobal

mkglobal Member

Like I pointed out, nobody cares. And even if anyone did, here's what's actually happening:

Me: "I don't care if I can have a micro-bit of additional voice more when I talk to my Verizon customer rep because I can't place calls anymore, what really matters to me is that I can do whatever the **** I want with my phone."

You: "You don't get this, you dumb twat, CDMA is the best because technically it pwns!!!!!!!!!!!! Now STFU because I has e-lead."

See?
  17. IOWA

The people in my rather lengthy CDMA vs GSM thread disagree with you. Call quality, more capacity per tower(a huge advantage in big cities), and better range does matter to the end consumer.

People across the internet, who ask about things like this, it matters to them.

Face it son, you got smacked down and now your trying to worm out of it.

I can do whatever I want with any of my CDMA phones, and it takes me all of 5 minutes to switch handsets. The average person doesn't change handsets often, but they do make calls =) So guess which is more important to THEM?

Keep trying though. The roast is funny.

EDIT:

And I just have to throw this in. When people get proved wrong it's amazing how many of them resort to saying things like "Well nobody cares".

Well, if nobody cares, why'd you mention it in the first place? Unless you think of yourself as a nobody..
  18. mkglobal

mkglobal Member

What I said was "CDMA blows" and in terms of ease of use it does. Bear in mind that I'm referring to the sucky Verizon-like system. But the fact that you keep trying to e-stomp doesn't make me sad as much as it makes me sad for you.

Here
  19. IOWA

Here:

YouTube - iPhone4 vs HTC Evo

You remind me of the nice person looking for the iP4.

Guess what, your on a tech forum. Guess what we care about?

What's sad here is you thinking people need to conform to your line of thinking, and if they don't, you consider them "sad". So who's the vain one here?

e-stomp, IRL stomp, I don't care what you say. I wasn't going to let you post false informations that may or may not confuse people while a simple post of mine can clear all that up.

Call it a pet peeve, but I dislike mis-informations.

But call me some more names. You might just take the cake for fastest person banned on AF.

And to fully re-address your OP, there isn't a fully featured smartphone on the planet(yet) that can meet your needs. Your expecting too much.
  20. mkglobal

mkglobal Member

21. IOWA

Yes, because being knowledgeable about certain things, and then proving you wrong, makes me arrogant. :rolleyes:
  22. mkglobal

mkglobal Member

Being oblivious to my reasonable arguments is. Also, comparing the iPhone 4 to the EVO 4G is stupid. They're two different phones targeted to very different people.
  23. IOWA

Reasonable argument? Where? All I've seen was name calling from you, and stuff it looks like you made up that got quickly countered and hurt your pride, so you call more names.

This still won't help your OP, as there is still not a phone in existence that can accomplish what you seek.

And last time I checked, the EVO4G and iP4 were in the same sales category.

EDIT: Anyways, since I've answered your OP, and cleared up misconceptions, I've leave it to the mods to deal with your breaking of the forum policies. I'm done with this thread, with this particular subject, because it seems you like to argue with gravity.

Good day.
  24. mkglobal

mkglobal Member

There was an opportunity for debate but you blew it and started patronizing me. What do you expect? Shoeshine?

Finally you're back on topic.

Are they? The EVO is a fat-ass kitchen counter and the iP4 is a dumb-fanboy magnet.
  25. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Please make sure we are being respectful to one another!!