There goes my desire for the GalaxySGeneral

1. davisionz

davisionz Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. waspbr

waspbr Well-Known Member

Reckon this is really trivial, the default search can be easily changed, anyway I a more interested in the hardware rather than the software.
  3. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

It cannot be changed without the phone being rooted. Ask all those with the Backflip on AT&T. Where you can change your homepage to get Google. To me it just sucks since Yahoo does not have a voice search feature so you cannot just hit one button to do a search and even more so in a handsfree required state.
  4. jgoose

jgoose Member

Ok this doesn't really make sense when you look at the phone it clearly shows the "Google" trademark that they put on all phones with there software. So I highly doubt its loaded with google maps, google mail, google chat, etc.. oh bu the search engine won't be google ?

Take this with a grain of salt.
  5. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

If you the video with the galaxy S again, yes you'll see that it clearly has the google search bar and also the 2.1 google voice search feature as well
  6. chrissyd

chrissyd Well-Known Member

I would find it VERY hard to see an Android operating system (google created or backed or whatever) with all the Google app's on it and then to turn around and put the unimaginable Yahoo as the default search engine, I agree with the previous poster take this with a grain of salt, as it just doesn't add up!
  7. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

I see this Yahoo/Samsung partnership aimed more at the Bada-based feature phones.
  8. craigcrawford1988

craigcrawford1988 Well-Known Member

If this is true I will wait for root before I buy.

If root is not available then I will not buy. **** Yahoo :)