There has been so much about kies im confused... is it still broken?Support

Last Updated:

1. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes or no will do as im confused and am convincing myself its fixed and my computer is being shit

Advertisement
  2. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

Strangely I have heard a lot about KIES issues on net but I havent faced any myself. *Touchwood*

3. Al3x4Fun

Al3x4Fun Member

i think it is still broken. until we will see some proofs, it's broken.

4. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

It works on my laptop, but not on my desktop. I have absolutely no idea why. Certain issues like MTP flashing can be solved, but not all.

5. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

oh bad times:(

6. lobo76

lobo76 Well-Known Member

me too.

... though it is probably becoz I never found the need to install it in the first place. :p

7. phaedrus

phaedrus Member

Just got a Galaxy S myself, after reading this forum and xda for some time. So had heard all about the joys of Kies. Having now installed it myself, I can truly empathise! On the very first run, it decided there was a newer version of itself available (why? I'd just downloaded it minutes earlier, from samsung, are they linking to an old version or something?)

Then it took *ages* to apparently load the phone drivers, being unclear as to whether the MTP had actually installed correctly or not. Now, whenever I connect the phone, it just shows the "Connecting, please wait" box, and nothing ever happens.

ARGH! Would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Running Vista on a pretty normal laptop. Phone is set to default to Kies mode on connection. Tried all laptop USB ports.

thanks

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

For anyone who's having difficulty with connecting Kies to the phone. Have a look in the Device Manager from the Control Panel, see if there is any errors appearing there related to the phone's drivers. There must be no errors for Kies to work. Also make sure that the phone is not in USB debug mode, again this is important for Kies to work.

HTH :)

phaedrus likes this.
  9. seepage

seepage Well-Known Member

Apparently samsung say kies is not actually compatible with the Galaxy S

10. andy-roid

andy-roid Well-Known Member

I don't no why can't spend some of our cash some thing that is

11. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

Now, whenever I connect the phone, it just shows the "Connecting, please wait" box, and nothing ever happens.

I guess I remember I was getting that error when I was connecting my phone to KIES when KIES was opened already and then I connected my phone.

After that I first connect my phone to computer and then open KIES and it finds it all the time rather quickly.

BTW I use Windows XP.

phaedrus likes this.
  12. MAKFOTO

MAKFOTO Active Member

KIES works perfectly OK if: Latest version.
    + Windows XP.
    + XXJPK.

13. daymasrd

daymasrd New Member

14. tupique

tupique Member

No. I never have any problem with KIES anymore now.

KIES I'm using works with Win7 64-bit, Win Vista 32-bit. I'm using KIES version 1.5.1.10083. My original SGS firmware was DXJF4, upgraded to DXJG4 thru KIES. Can't wait for Froyo! :)

15. tupique

tupique Member

Who told you that? :confused:

When I went to a local Samsung Service Center to fix my SGS (USB connector was not working because of dirt), I saw that they're using KIES to check the SGS as well as to upgrade the firmware.

16. Daisymay

Daisymay New Member

I have been driven mad with Kies. Followed every suggestion to connect. Deleted and reinstalled Kies. Updated drivers, repaired drivers and nothing worked. Samsung Galaxy s would tell me it was connected but nothing appeared in Kies.

Now, the problem has been resolved. It is working fine. The solution.... I removed and reinserted the battery in the phone. Worked first time!!!!

I remembered that when I had taken my phone to Vodafone, complaining that it seemed to be slowing down. I was told that I should remove the battery every two weeks or so, as it would become "clogged". I thought it was a strange remedy but it worked. Now it may be a coincidence but hey! its worth a try.

17. Manjar

Manjar Active Member

DL'd from the Austrailian Sam site as it was the most recent i could find. Sometimes i have to unmount SD card to get it to work, sometimes not. Apparently there is a update but i can't get it as it believes that i'm not connected to i'net.
    It does work but its debatable if its worth the energy - until 2.2 is available but then again i might do this by other means rather than trust Kies.

18. Ih4teKies

Ih4teKies Well-Known Member

don't post these kind of absurd nonsense if you don't have any proof to back it up. It gets people confused.