• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

There is just something bothering me..

bjanow

Android Expert
Dec 3, 2009
Colorado
And I just can't figure out what it is about this phone. I actually just pulled my sim card and *228 my Incredible back. Is it the fonts which are overly large, is it the 3G suck when I'm in an area that normally kicks ass on 3G, is it the screen resolution? I really want to love this phone but I'm having issues. I rooted it last night (stock rom / rooted) but there is just something that just doesn't feel right. Perhaps you can talk me out of returning it, I'm all ears.

That's not the issue here guys. I root because I can, has nothing to do with the warranty. I can return the phone if I want rooted or not. The 3G issue was there before I rooted and the resolution problem was there also. Believe me I don't want to return the phone, I want to love it. I just need a little help getting through this. If you want to crack on me fine, but that was not the point of this thread.

Upvote 0
I don't think it's defective, my 4G is awesome. Maybe I'll just give it another try. Maybe it's just that CM7 has spoiled me? Ok, sim card back in... reactivating now. Cyanogen please get me a decent rom so I can compare apples to apples. Is there any way to get my Titanium backup from the DI to the TB for some of my apps.. read: Angry Birds?

Upvote 0
That's not the issue here guys. I root because I can, has nothing to do with the warranty. I can return the phone if I want rooted or not. The 3G issue was there before I rooted and the resolution problem was there also. Believe me I don't want to return the phone, I want to love it. I just need a little help getting through this. If you want to crack on me fine, but that was not the point of this thread.

Actually you cant because root voids your warranty and if verizon sees that they wont let you return it. Yes you can root but that doesnt mean you can return it because you F'd it up by rooting. smh this is the reason prices keep increasing. If you dont know what you are doing dont mess with your phone.

Upvote 0
Actually you cant because root voids your warranty and if verizon sees that they wont let you return it. Yes you can root but that doesnt mean you can return it because you F'd it up by rooting. smh this is the reason prices keep increasing. If you dont know what you are doing dont mess with your phone.
so you unroot, VZW probably wont notice a damn thing anyway. Most of them are not that bright when it comes to these things. He never said the phone was messed up either.

i not supporting returning an item that is "voided" but it happen all the time. people can and will do it all the time

Reactions: Air Force One
Upvote 0
yeah i need my angry birds stuff too. I think once you root and can run titanium you should be able too. i mean its store on the SD card. I already imported that entire backup folder from my inc onto the one in my TB, just havent rooted and loaded titanium.
I have to figure out a way to get my TiB from my DI to my TB. I know there must be a way.. I have the entire sdcard on my HD, Ti and all. I'll play with it tomorrow and get back. Anyone else know a way, please jump in here.

PS. Back on the TB now.

Upvote 0
bjanow...have you tried flashing a different font pack? If you're rooted, then these probably would work for you. 300 Fonts.

In regards to 3G sucking, my friend is having issues with her TB too. She gets solid 4G when she's out and about, but when she's in her home, there isn't any 4G. It's supposed to switch to 3G or 1x, but it wasn't doing that at all. It would briefly switch back and forth but ultimately, no data connection. The last few days, she's been dealing with VZW customer service and they say they're working on the problem with 3G in her area. But I dunno...seems kind of cruddy to me. Hope things get resolved soon. I told her to just exchange it for another TB if things don't get better.

Reactions: jreed2560
Upvote 0
bjanow...have you tried flashing a different font pack? If you're rooted, then these probably would work for you. 300 Fonts.

In regards to 3G sucking, my friend is having issues with her TB too. She gets solid 4G when she's out and about, but when she's in her home, there isn't any 4G. It's supposed to switch to 3G or 1x, but it wasn't doing that at all. It would briefly switch back and forth but ultimately, no data connection. .... I told her to just exchange it for another TB if things don't get better.
Yes!! That's exactly what happens to me too. I don't think it's the phone but the network, although I could be wrong on that one. But I doubt if it's the phone that another would be any different. Rats... hopefully it's the network and they can fix it.

I'll look into the font pack thing. Thanks much.

Upvote 0
Yes!! That's exactly what happens to me too. I don't think it's the phone but the network, although I could be wrong on that one. But I doubt if it's the phone that another would be any different. Rats... hopefully it's the network and they can fix it.

I'll look into the font pack thing. Thanks much.

You're welcome. Yeah, VZW was saying that it's the network so I'll let you guys know if it gets better the next few days.

I believe flashing fonts should work. My favorite fonts are Azbuka06, Optimer, and Comfortaa. They're small, thin fonts mostly. A funky font that looks like the one on the Samsung Fascinate is Chinacat. I'm messing around with ways to make my Incredible "new" again while I contemplate getting the Thunderbolt. That's why I'm hanging out here so much nowadays. hehe! :cool:

Upvote 0
I dont understand for the life of me why some people come to these forums. We are here to HELP PEOPLE. Not bash them for issues you deem stupid or pointless. All unhelpful post will be reported. It's like this with every new phone. We get the hateful and immature ones in here at first then all the mods/regulars have to weed them out.

As for your issues with the tb, i believe the data handoff was one of the chief concerns in the delay of this phone and ahould be addressed with an ota update. Fonts can be fixed as suggested above, you can always android back to stuck if it mucks up

Upvote 0
The data connectivity issue seems to happen across the board. I was having issues while visiting a friend in LA. His house had 4G and it was working well, but it started dropping and losing all connection. I think it is a network/software thing.

This phone has been out since Thursday--it has its bumps. I, too, am not as pleased as I thought I would be. Right now it is just a DInc that is bigger and a little faster, since I am not in a 4G area. We will start seeing some pretty awesome things in a month or so, I'm sure. Custom ROMs, official OTA updates (Gingerbread, anyone). Netflix, etc. We haven't even gotten to the tip of the iceberg yet. For now, we just have to wait for it to reach potential.

Be patient--I understand the desire to switch to the Inc. I gave mine to my friend last night, and I felt remorse...it was rooted, running Myn's Warm. My bolt is nice...but there is a lot to be done. I want full Sense support...don't know why we didn't get that out of the box. Netflix, Skype, all that stuff should be on our phones now. A little disappointed they aren't.

But, the Thunderbolt is all about patience.

Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0
so you unroot, VZW probably wont notice a damn thing anyway. Most of them are not that bright when it comes to these things. He never said the phone was messed up either.

i not supporting returning an item that is "voided" but it happen all the time. people can and will do it all the time
I had a problem with my wifes ally a few weeks back and the salesman got the phone to reboot. When the phone restarted it was running velocity1.0, he never even acted like anything was wrong:D He didnt even ask me if i had made any modifications to the phone.

Upvote 0
Bickering posts deleted.

Please be careful with the rude and unnecessary posts. All they do is start huge arguments and derail the thread into a cluster of off-topic posts. If you aren't going atleast attempt to be helpful, then please hold back from posting in the thread or take it to PM.

Upvote 0
And I just can't figure out what it is about this phone. I actually just pulled my sim card and *228 my Incredible back. Is it the fonts which are overly large, is it the 3G suck when I'm in an area that normally kicks ass on 3G, is it the screen resolution? I really want to love this phone but I'm having issues. I rooted it last night (stock rom / rooted) but there is just something that just doesn't feel right. Perhaps you can talk me out of returning it, I'm all ears.
Completely agree. Find my thread "if you are considering getting the Thuderbolt. DON'T" lol

Upvote 0
You have become acquainted with a smaller screen. If the res of the larger screen is too large try and use a font package as others have stated or change the density. You are rooted and soon there will be a ton of roms out there you can play with. Dont give up quite yet and see if the larger screen grows on you. If not restore it back to factory and sell it on ebay or if your moral grounds allow return back to verizion. If purchased from best buy then feel free to take it back . LOL :p Some times it takes the body a little to get used to something new.

Upvote 0
You have become acquainted with a smaller screen.

I would have to agree with this. Got my Thunderbolt yesterday and the screen size will take getting used to. I'm coming from an Eris so the change is dramatic. However, this phone is leaps and bounds ahead of the Eris. I'm also having zero issues with battery life.

Probably helps that I'm in Manhattan and 4G is as strong as it gets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones