1. killajoe

killajoe Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
    beowulf7 likes this.
  2. beowulf7

beowulf7 Well-Known Member

Thank you for that post. I hope some folks here provide their feedback.
  3. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

It works. Phone runs much smoother after I froze about 45 things...
  4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

is this JUST root or does this allow the installation of recoveries as well?
  5. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

just root for now.
  6. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

Cool.. I am starting to look at the S4 (was looking at Motorola, but they don't have a wired HDMI Solution) and I need root for any phone I get
  7. beowulf7

My Motorola Droid 3 has a micro HDMI port. Is Motorola doing away with that?
  8. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

As far as I know.. none of the 3 new droids, Mini, Ultra or MAXX have a physical port.. it is wireless..
  9. ShanDroyd

ShanDroyd Well-Known Member

since there is no recovery, any idea how I can make a full backup before I debloat? I used to use clockwork mod.

also, (and this may seem like a stupid question) do I have to leave those files for rooting on my ext. SD card? I know it barely takes up any room, but I don't like having unused files lingering around.
  10. Covert_Death

not possible at the moment, making a backup required access to the recovery and can't be done at the moment.... im starting to regret accepting the OTA because im itching for some CM right now lol
  11. Covert_Death

correct, also none of them have SD card slots either. the MAXX does come with 32 gigs standard though and verizon will also be picking up the moto X when it releases sometime in the next few months.
  12. ShanDroyd

well, I just used the free version of Titanium Root to make a back up. I am not sure if it copied the system files? I will just freeze my apps for now.

:(
  13. killajoe

I doesn't backup everything just some system stuff and apps. You have to have the paid version to b able to freeze. Look for the debloat list to freeze right apps. Don't forget to freeze the updater to block future updates
  14. beowulf7

It seems like rooting VRUAME7 is much easier than rooting VRUAMDK.
  15. Covert_Death

rooting yes so far (as far as end user perspective ((aka its wrapped up nicely))) but a recovery unlock so far is proving challenging
  16. beowulf7

Yeah, I was just referring to the process of rooting. Granted, the MDK version does more than just root (allow new ROMs, etc.), so it makes sense that there's more involved. I wonder what "good" updates ME7 makes to MDK in terms of bug fixes, feature enhancements, etc.
  17. Addicted

Addicted Well-Known Member

Mines telling me that access is denied when I try to run the two scripts... did I not format something properly on the SD card or something?
  18. killajoe

Format the sd card exfat via your computer
  19. Addicted

Any idea where to get my hands on a quick "How-to"? Searching throw a ton of results but nothing specific from what I can tell...
  20. Addicted

Also, I'm assuming that formatting the card within the phone doesn't format in exFAT since the prompts don't work?
  21. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

For exFAT you have to format the card in your PC, which of course means that you'd need some sort of an adapter to fit the card in the PC.
  22. ShanDroyd

I have a Sandisk 64gb and it formatted fine in the phone. had no problem with root.
  23. beowulf7

Why can't it be formatted via a USB cable while the microSD card is inside the phone?
  24. killajoe

I think the phone formats everything fat32 unless its a 64gig card
  25. Covert_Death

confirmed... only cards OVER 32Gb will be formated as EXfat while everything is formated as fat32 (unless you format in phone of course.