• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

There's 4G in my city or no?

I stay in San Jose, CA and I have accessed the 4G network here in a number of parts of the city and suburban towns of it. San Jose hasn't been declared a 4G city by Sprint yet, however. What's going on?

Testing, possibly. There are spots in downtown San Diego that have service intermittently, too. San Diego is on nobody's list for 4G, though, so it must be super-secret, double blind, alien technology they're testing. :p

Upvote 0
there's an app that you can download to check out real life coverage. what they do is gather data from real users in the area and map them. it's called Map Viewer. 100% accurate in areas mapped, but not in non-mapped areas because they could not pull data from those areas (no users or users not broadcasting in those areas).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones