There's 4G in my city or no?

Last Updated:

1. FreakyLocz14

FreakyLocz14 Banned This Topic's Starter

I stay in San Jose, CA and I have accessed the 4G network here in a number of parts of the city and suburban towns of it. San Jose hasn't been declared a 4G city by Sprint yet, however. What's going on?

Advertisement
  2. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

Testing, possibly. There are spots in downtown San Diego that have service intermittently, too. San Diego is on nobody's list for 4G, though, so it must be super-secret, double blind, alien technology they're testing. :p

3. antmon

antmon Well-Known Member

i've noticed this is as well in Jersey City, Hoboken and Bayonne for several weeks now....must be testing as well.... the signal is erratic.

also read some people in Bronx, NY have gotten it on and off....

4. mynewandroid

mynewandroid Active Member

Posting this with a 4G connection in Tampa, FL even though we don't "officially" have 4G yet. It is hit or miss to connect though.

5. mannyhernz

mannyhernz Active Member

Posting with 4g in los angeles

6. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

there's an app that you can download to check out real life coverage. what they do is gather data from real users in the area and map them. it's called Map Viewer. 100% accurate in areas mapped, but not in non-mapped areas because they could not pull data from those areas (no users or users not broadcasting in those areas).

7. ThatsNoUser

ThatsNoUser Member

Yep, I've noticed occasional 4G in Hoboken and NYC, but not in any places I actually frequent.

I also use the Map Viewer app, I've found it's actually rather accurate in the NYC area.