Theres gotta be a way??General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Houstatlanavegas

Houstatlanavegas Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I was just thinkin, "Theres gotta be a way to copy over paid apps to someone who doesnt have to pay."

For Example: Joe pays for one app at the price of .99 or whatever, than he gives Tom the app for free(maybe using a QR code or something of that nature)

This would be cool, wouldnt it? (although it would basically make it so that only somepeople would actually pay for the app)... but couldnt it be considered file sharing idk just food for thought

Advertisement
  2. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

That would be considered file sharing and would be ripping Dev's off... how dare you. :)

3. Houstatlanavegas

im sorry like i said just food for thought lol

4. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Well-Known Member

While it might be cool if only one person had to pay for an app and then a thousand people could use it, it would also be illegal. Not to mention it would stop or prevent a lot of future app development. I mean, what app developer would want to spend hours designing an app he only gets $.99 for.

So in the end, while it might be cool, it would be stupid as well.

5. Houstatlanavegas

i see your point

6. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

There are a ton of free apps out there. And you go out to a bar and spend $5 on a single beer so I mean wtf, why not spend a buck for an app? Even $2.99 on Radio Time was well worth it. You really just need to put it into perspective and not worry about the silly dollar you're paying to some dude probably a lot like you. :))

7. Houstatlanavegas

ok, before this blows up

let me just explain that this was just a thought so lets not get hostile lol

8. Houstatlanavegas

plus im not old enough to drink lol j/p :D

9. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Haha, well then a Sprite or Red Bull. Not getting hostile at all, I know where you are coming from. I d/l from iTunes and share the songs with my kids, which is allowed, and they are only a buck too. It's really all a matter of perspective and priorities. Thing is, most of the time you can find what you want for free.

10. Houstatlanavegas

Yeah, I understand, but nevertheless to all devs help me, cause actually I wanna be a dev too I have slow windows vista and a dell laptop can anyone help with me getting started..

11. Skeletronix

Skeletronix Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried googling android .apk? If this is inappropriate to post then please delete it. But how is this legal? Seeing as android is "open source", are paid apps really just donations? I pay for all of my apps and am happy to do so, and even donate to the free ones that I find useful. I just find this, as I'm sure developers do, kind of frightening. Again, I don't support it, but I think its worth discussing.

12. Cajun83

It is illegal and pretty crappy when you think about the cost of these apps. I mean, sure some apps are a waste of money but something like Beautiful Widgets... that I use every day... is certainly worth the $1.65 or $1.85 I paid for it...

13. MrChips

MrChips Active Member

No the linux open source agreement allows "for profit" development on the platform. The only requirement is that if you must make changes to the _linux_ source - that you send them to Linux core development for possible inclusion in the code. There is no requirement that your app developed on the open source Linux be open sourced itself.

FreeBSD, on the other hand, allows for even more profit opportunities and ability to make core changes without sharing them back to the FreeBSD team. This is largely why Apple chose it as the underpinnings of OSX and now IPhone&Pad.

14. Houstatlanavegas

Well,
    i put this up because i saw a app that i actually wanted that was 19.99 and i was like whoa but idk im sorry if i offended anyone

15. Cajun83

What app was it?

16. Houstatlanavegas

hold on ill get it

17. Houstatlanavegas

copilot navigation it 23.97

18. Houstatlanavegas

and i could use documents to go for work and thats 14.99

19. Cajun83

I have co-pilot and honestly... Google Navigation gives better directions IMO. Co-Pilot has more settings and options but the stock Navigation on 2.1 is just better at getting you where you are going (without sending you the long way).

That is just my opinion of course. Now, that said... Co-pilot has some cool features like the ability for the app to "sleep" between turns and pop up when you are like .3 mi from the turn you need to take. You can choose different voices and it is much easier to understand the voice... but other than that... I actually prefer navigation.

I don't know about documents as I have not used it. So I won't comment on that.

20. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Does this do something that Google Maps doesn't?

I think here you'll find information on becoming a developer... Click here
    I want to test try your first app :D

Houstatlanavegas likes this.
  21. Skeletronix

Skeletronix Well-Known Member

I would never drop that kind of money for a phone app. But just for arguments sake, I think when a developer charges that kind of money, they're inviting people to download the file for free elsewhere. If they kept it reasonable, as in 10$ maximum, and it is truly a well developed app, people would be happy to support it. 20$ + is BS imo.

22. Cajun83

Yeah, I think Co-Pilot falls into this category. Just not that impressive to warrant 29.99... seriously.

23. Anonimac

Anonimac Your mom goes to college. VIP Member

Not hatin' on anyone here, but this is a gray area and this forum has strict rules about copyrighted material, paid application, compensating developers for their work, etc... Before anyone says something they (or I) will regret i'm closing this thread.

Don't hate, compensate! :)

Houstatlanavegas and Skeletronix like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.