Thermometer App ?

Last Updated:

1. Mike777

Mike777 Well-Known Member

Hi all

Is there an app to measure the current air temperature?

Any ideas

Thanks

Mike

Advertisement
  2. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

As far as I know the only temperature sensor in the phone is in the battery. The battery generates lots of heat. So nope.
    SUroot likes this.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Correct
  4. biancazzurri

biancazzurri New Member

Are there any sensors which are connected through mini usb?
  5. SiHa

SiHa Well-Known Member

Freaky, I was just wondering if anything was possible along these lines earlier this morning -I'm camping and was thinking it would be good if I could use the phone as a temperature logger overnight.
    Anyway, to add to earlier comments, the Desire doesn't have USB host capability by default, but I did see something a while back where someone had hacked it to enable use with a USB keyboard, so it might be possible for a rooted phone.
  6. amlothi

amlothi Well-Known Member

What about a weather app that can show you the current outdoor temperature? Yeah, I know it's not exactly the same, but it's the best thing I can think of. Any particular weather apps that would be more accurate and "live"?
  7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

There are kernels that allow USB host mode but the device needs to reboot to change between modes and only 1 mode will work at a time.
    SiHa likes this.
  8. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member

Temperature is not something that even some dedicated temperature thermometers struggle to measure accurately. Capable as the phone is, I doubt very much there will be an accurate temperature add/on or app.
  9. SiHa

SiHa Well-Known Member