• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

They CANNOT get away with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads like this make me move closer towards iPhone 4 instead of the EVO. At least iPhones are well made, I never, repeat, never had problems with either my first gen iPhone or my 3G. Physically, they never had issues.

Consider yourself lucky with your iphones. I had problems, repeat problems, with my iPhone 1G (headphone jack) and 3GS (improperly seating on screen glass - multiple times). Some people with get no defect versions and some with get versions with defects. I have been lucky with my Evo and it's been perfect so far. But if you have tiny hands, an iPhone will be easier to hold because of the small screen size.

Upvote 0
RiverOfIce...I used that expression as something that Google or Sprint would say to HTC. Geesh! Read before you think please.

nkawal...Relax yourself. I'm sitting in the park in the Greatest City in the World enjoying the weather. I take all of this for what its worth. Just cannot sit by and continue to let the powers that be shovel crappy merch down our throats. It's Unsustainable.:cool:

I like Cooper 1010's idea.:D Next time HTC releases a faulty product that might be the crowd of "early adopters".

MaxPower, i too live in NYC and I'll be in the city tomorrow, we can compare if you'd like. I'm not defending anybody nor HTC, i would like to see the issues myself, I change phones every 6-12 months and after switching to a BB last year, i was amazed how stable and well built it was. I too like many will be using the most out of the EVO and will probably keep or return before the 30 days is up. This is my first android phone but it's not my first HTC. I've owned the XV6700, PPC6800, PPC6900, HTC diamond and htc touch pro, never had an issues with any of those HTC phones at all.

Upvote 0
So if you are coming to this thread just to let me know how great your EVO is...get lost. I'm jealous...mine SUCKS!

I like how you have "rules" to "your" thread. If you don't want feedback, don't post a thread. To have a thread with nothing but complaints is stupid and one-sided. I have a slight separation issue with my screen, but I never would've noticed it if it weren't for this forum. It does not affect the phone at all. Sure, the earpiece is a bit tin-canny, but it really isn't that big of a deal.

Some people are just ridiculous and have to find something to complain about. If you don't like the phone, return it, that's why there is a return policy and no shortage of other devices to try out.

Reactions: twospirits and acp
Upvote 0
well... the ones who posted that said they had no problems are the ones getting attacked NOT the OP.. none of us that posted we didn't have problems attack in any way just stated our experiences..

If no one puts their own issues or NON issues on the board and just leaves it full of complaints then it makes it appear as ALL the phones have issues and they do not.

If yours does, I am truly sorry but just because some of ours don't doesn't mean we are not equally important..

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I'm going to take this opportunity to remind everyone the the forum does have rules and a zero tolerance policy with regards to how you treat your fellow members. If anyone needs to reread any of this the links are located in my signature.

You you cannot be civil towards your fellow members then do not post. Anymore disrespectful posting and this thread will be closed and infractions issued.

Upvote 0
i don't think that .002/.003 hardware thing really matters
my phone has half the issues it seems
16+ hour battery.... if i just use it as a phone i can get 24+ hours
ground issues when on table or bed
very slight screen seperation,light leakage (but i use a case so i never see it)
no noise distortion
wifi single shows week, but runs fine speed test show 9-13Mbps when using wifi with 1 bar

and the .002 is supose to be the good one

Upvote 0
I too have none of these issues. I did read somewhere that there are 2 versions of the phone. A .002 and a .003 version. I believe that these issues (screen separation, grounding, etc..) are all part of the .003 version which also have a different battery door cover.

Two versions of Evos - PPCGeeks

For the record, I have an .002 version here (check settings, about phone, hardware version). Mine's a Google IO phone, so has been active and heavily used 2 weeks prior to the rest of the Launch batch. And I've had zero issues. YMMV of course.

Upvote 0
How do you tell if a phone is 002 or 003? Is that the Hardware version under Hardware Information? If so mine is 0002 and according to one poster's theory those are the ones not experiencing problems. I have to say I haven't experienced most of the
OP's issues (at least yet). The only one I did have was tinniness but I fixed that by updating the profile and PRL. Might be something to the two version theory....

Upvote 0
How do you tell if a phone is 002 or 003? Is that the Hardware version under Hardware Information? If so mine is 0002 and according to one poster's theory those are the ones not experiencing problems. I have to say I haven't experienced most of the
OP's issues (at least yet). The only one I did have was tinniness but I fixed that by updating the profile and PRL. Might be something to the two version theory....

hmmm I have 0002 as well... no issues (yet)

Upvote 0
All this take of screen separation finally got me to check my phone (it's been in a case since day one) and luckily I do not have that issue. I do however agree the sound is horrible. At least half of my calls also have a weird clicking sound coming through on my end.

I think you should call HTC corporate and not the 800 number for customer service. I had issues with the 2.1 Hero update and after arguing/working with Sprint for a week and getting nowhere I called the 800 number for HTC and they told me they have no report of issues with the update. I told the rep about their own forum dedicated to issues and she blew me off. I then called the corporate number and spoke with several people in the Seattle office about the issues (again with the Hero 2.1 update). Of course in the end I feel they blew me off, they told me that their lead developer would call me back and it has been 2 weeks now.

Upvote 0
MaxPower you are like the William Wallace of Android users. We should wear green face paint though instead of blue, you know cause the little android guy is green.

This thread rocks!

But hey, my phone doesn't have any of these issues and I love it. I can still join your revolution though right? I love a good revolution.

Upvote 0
Im curious as to where you can find the 0002/3 info at. If it is located in the hardware profile as suggested then i have 0002 and have yet to have any issues.

I did the battery trick of charging and turning off and all that and it worked out great. After doing that i didnt have the sudden drop of battery (the 10%) in a few moments like I have in the past few days. Not that it bothered me either way, but the fact it worked was neat.

As for the glass or speaker issue or any of that i have had none of those issues at all. I am coming from a BB that would use 20MB of data a month and so far im up to 378MB...So i suppose you can call me a heavy user in the last few days.

BTW, that isnt counting the 5 hours of Wifi i use while at home.

I love the phone and am lucky i upgraded to it.

Sorry to hear bout those that are having issues. I am curious however if there is a corrilation of 0002/0003 and the issues.

Upvote 0
This is the EVO revolution.
You may join but you can never look back.
Paint your faces Green and meet at the HTC HQ in Taiwan.

Now, I will need a new EVO cause I just threw mine against a wall after reading the 100th person hijack a thread like this one stating,

"O! Yours must be a lemon. Mines just fine."

Thanks a ton for that tid-bit now go to a thread where everyone is lollipops and ice cream cones. This thread is for the people that read...tech blogs...forums...you know. And are aware that are serious defects with MOST (if not all, in the future) EVO's.

Upvote 0
The voice quality issue which I don't have, can be fixed with a software update. There was a fix a long time ago on the touch pro because of the same thing. Small issue.

No screen seperation here and light leak is so minut that it doesn't even exist in my eyes

This is a cell phone and mini computer all in one. You can't expect it to be completely perfect with no flaws. I have had a lot of cell phones and none have ever been perfect.

When the almighty iphone 4 comes out and some complaints come out, people will be more content with the Evo. I think some people have to itch to try something new after they get the newest gadgets. I understand the complaints if they are there, but what is stopping people to go get another one from the store. You have 30 days for a reason. Htc realizes that there will be returns on the first batch. This is business. The best example of this was the palm pre. That phone was plagued with issues and palm was made aware of it. They did nothing to fix it but keep giving out crappy refurbs. If people have so many complaints, maybe they should go back to the old flip phones.

Coming on the forums to get a cheering section to back you up with complaint after complain will not fix anything.

Upvote 0
This is the EVO revolution.
You may join but you can never look back.
Paint your faces Green and meet at the HTC HQ in Taiwan.

Now, I will need a new EVO cause I just threw mine against a wall after reading the 100th person hijack a thread like this one stating,

"O! Yours must be a lemon. Mines just fine."

Thanks a ton for that tid-bit now go to a thread where everyone is lollipops and ice cream cones. This thread is for the people that read...tech blogs...forums...you know. And are aware that are serious defects with MOST (if not all, in the future) EVO's.

Now that its broken, can I have it for spare parts and research?

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
I cannot believe how many people think returning the phone is the best option.
You really don't get it....The glue is faulty you all.
It will rise eventually on this entire first wave of phones.
I guess I should just exchange exchange exchange until finally I get a phone that has effective adhesive...Now how did that phone get effective adhesive?

The EVO REVOLUTION...that's HOW.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones