They cant all be broken can they?Support

Last Updated:

1. GavChap

GavChap Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm on my 2nd desire in less than a month. The first one the flashlight led stopped working in any app. It was returned. Now its replacement has another issue with the camera. I'm getting blocky colourful pixelation when the phone is on a gprs connection and I use the camera. At least that didn't happen on the first one. I'm getting seriously fed up with HTC. Will I get one that works properly? Might swap it for Samsung galaxy, but I know I'd miss sense. S there a fix for the camera bug? Updated software? It takes a perfect picture. It just looks wrong before you click the shutter.

Advertisement
  2. chris 290

chris 290 Well-Known Member

I have had mine for 3 months and no problems so far touch wood. Sounds like you have been a little unlucky thus far. Hope you don't go with the samsung gs as that phone is reported to be very buggy and has no camera flash and is hideous to look at, hulking great lump of plastic.

I'd give the desire another chance and get it swapped for a new one. Many users have a good functioning one and are happy. Hope you get things sorted :)

Chris

3. Niiiceg

Niiiceg Well-Known Member

Desire is made out of plastic too...

4. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

No problems reported on mine. put GPS on taken a picture with no problems, taken off and there is no difference between the two. I just think your unlucky buddy

Are you just turning the GPS on or are you using it with 'nav', google maps etc????

DAM I SHOULD READ BETTER
    you said gprs not GPS sorry my phone is on '3' which is 3G I don't think it can use gprs.

5. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

I went through 6 handsets (faults ranging from mis-aligned screens to dodgy buttons - yes I was picky as I'm gonna be stuck with this for 2 years lol) before I settled on the one I've had for 4 months. This one I have now (the 4 month old one) has been back for repair twice, although one of those times it was my fault, they still took nearly 4 weeks to fix it though. The first repair was for the disappearing vibration function but since they swopped the motherboard it seems ok now, well apart from the standard pink hue in the centre of most pictures.

I still love the phone though, I just dread needing to use HTC repair again after last time.

GavChap likes this.
  6. GavChap

Easy way to test is to go to the phone settings - Wireless and Networks, and set it to "GSM Only". Wait until you get a G or E connection, then sync all. This will get the data working. Open up the camera, take a photo, go back to the camera, and wait. If your phone suffers this issue, you'll get this. (Actual photo f my phone). Or actually much worse if it's downloading anything major. I had some really bad issues in Camcorder mode, it was like it was loading a ZX Spectrum game.

On a happier note, they're doing a next-day doorstep swap. :)

Attached Files:

7. GavChap

8. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

Mine has only got WCDMA Only and GSM/WCDMA Auto there is no GSM only so I'll need to go somewhere outside Glasgow. And looking outside today that will not be anytime soon [cats & dogs]

Hopefully you next one will be big free

9. GavChap

So you don't have this option?

[​IMG]

10. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

No. its cos of the 3g network its locked too, if the phone uses GSM its using Oranges network which costs it money. Come to think of it... I was at my mums the last time it used GSM.

11. GavChap

Fair enough, I'm on O2 so must be why I get the options.

12. chris 290

chris 290 Well-Known Member

Seriously there is no comparison in looks between desire plastic and sgs. Desire is much better looks wise and I would bet build wise too.

13. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

14. justinbrett1975

justinbrett1975 Active Member

I wonder if its a faulty batch which has been delivered to where you bought the phone from, then you take it back and get a new one and its from the same batch.

I've had mine for a good few months now and I have had no problems what so ever.

15. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

wrong, the rear and bottom are plastic
    the front that surrounds the screen is alu

16. Zaichik

Zaichik Well-Known Member

Could you say a little more about these faults?

17. GavChap

It's when I get a GPRS or EDGE on the handset, 3G or HSDPA is fine.

18. GavChap

Annoyingly the replacement phone has the same camera issue! :( And they're out of stock until next week. But luckily this means the replacement will be from another batch, hopefully without the problem! So, onto Desire #4!

19. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

Intermittent vibration failure, Screen not dead centre, hardware buttons failing to function, MMS failure (i was within the 28 days so I swopped the handset just to ensure it wasn't a device issue) and a dull screen that just looked wrong (dull) in comparision to the other handsets.

Like I said some were just me being picky within the 28 days but others definitely were not.

It's a flawed beauty, but it's still a beauty :D

20. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed for you Gav ;)

21. kevinf1990

kevinf1990 Well-Known Member

lol it could be just you got your original desire back as a replacement. that would be funny if true though. i just tried what you said and mine doesn't have the problem

22. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

Just tested mine on Orange and I don't have the issue either.