1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

They Live Goggles

Last Updated:

1. eliddell

eliddell New Member This Topic's Starter

I just launched a brand new Augmented Reality App for Android 2.2 and higher, called "They Live Goggles"

Inspired by John Carpenter's cult classic "They Live", this app turns your phone into the sunglasses worn by Roddy Piper & allows you to see who around you is an alien zombie & their subliminal messages designed to subdue mankind.

Advertisement
  2. cm40

cm40 Active Member

Considering today is Halloween you missed a great opportunity to use that, but because it's a zombie type of app it doesn't go out of style. I would suggest you put up a free version with ads on it or a trial version that only works for a limited time.
    Sign up for an Google Adsense account and start doing some internet advertising on websites. Do the same for myspace ads, facebook ads, and other sites. You can start with low amounts and see how it does.
    Put about 10-20% of your profits back into marketing/advertising. Keep up with updates, listen to your customers, and post change logs. I also recommend sending a few free apks to the Android Blogs for them to review with a sheet that describes your app and invite them to give you feedback.

3. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Ummm... Halloween isn't until tomorrow, Sunday, October the 31st.

4. cm40

cm40 Active Member

Would you want feedback on this thread? Or is the contact info on the app page the preferred method?

5. cm40

cm40 Active Member

Ok, sure. but today is the night everyone (adults w/ smartphones & credit cards) will most likely be out.
    My point is that the opportunity to market this for Halloween has passed. Ads promoting this app would have been great when people are searching the internet for costumes, party supplies, and Halloween events.
    If it's promoted heavily it'll still get to people that show an interest in it, there's a big zombie culture, but an important time has past.

It's like unveiling a gift shopping app on Christmas Eve.

But yes, MY BAD. TOMORROW.

6. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

screw Halloween. This comes in handy all year. Great idea for an app, They Live was awesome

7. sanchezero

sanchezero Active Member

dammit, i'm all outta bubblegum!

8. Atamagaokashii

Atamagaokashii Member

Makes me wish my ROM of choice was Froyo based... =(