Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Size: * 4.7 x 2.4 x 0.6 inches
    Weight: * 6.5 ounces
    Included battery: * 1300 mAh Lion
    Talk time: * up to 6.5 hours
    Standby time: * up to 17.5 hours
    Band (frequency): * 850 MHz;900 MHz;1800 MHz;1900 MHz;UMTS Band IV (1700/2100

Is it just me or does this phone seem to be on the heavy and thick side? From the pictures I never would have guessed that it would weigh 6.5 ounces or be 0.6 inches thick...? Do you think these numbers are correct?

Is it just me?

Advertisement
  2. sodaboy581

sodaboy581 Well-Known Member

That doesn't seem that thick to me. The original Nexus One was .45 inches thick, .15 extra doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Keyboard doesn't seem to add that much.

Though it being a little heavier than the OG Droid is kind of interesting. It's still not that heavy... Rather a good looking, sturdy feeling phone than a cheap one.

3. Arcadia

Arcadia Well-Known Member

It's not much thinker than the Vibrant, but weighs quite a bit more than the Epic 4G and Droid 2. One thing I don't like is having a heavy slider phone. I love my Vibrant because of how sleek, thin, and light weight it is.

4. Eazail70x7

Guess ill have to play with 1 once it's released to get a feel of it

5. eligolfer

eligolfer Member

it's heavier because its got metal in a few places. it's pretty sturdy. WAY sturdier then the Vibrant.

6. WarBird87

WarBird87 Well-Known Member

i like the feel of it... i dont like light phones.. but its not overly heavy either.. juuust right

7. boloj

boloj Active Member

Yeah I love the feel it feels sturdy

8. Eazail70x7

Good to hear actually. I guess heavier isn't always a bad thing?

9. E Double

E Double Member

Drop both of them and see how far that sleek, thin and light gets you.

I like the weight of my G2. The fit and finish is excellent, and the heft to me is indicative of the build quality. The Vibrant is certainly super thin, and light, but it is also with the exception of the screen rather cheap looking and feeling. When I got my vibrant, the first thing I did was go get a case for it, because I was afraid it wouldn't survive an accidental trip to the floor. I'm pretty good about keeping my phones off the ground but at least with my G2 I don't fear that a fumble will cause it to burst into a million pieces. I guess I'm lucky, as I was using BlackBerrys for years before these phones, and they're boat anchors, so the G2 doesn't feel heavy at all to me.

10. Eazail70x7

Just played with a G2 today and it looks to be about the same thickness as my Epic. Not sure why they have it listed at .6 inches. Unless they rounded up or something...

11. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

Heavy - maybe. Thick? Hardly. I currently have the MT Slide (waiting for G2). I love the Slide but it definitely a little hefty and way thicker than G2 so NO, it is not thick. Shoot, I thought it was slim when I first seen it. Guess it depends on what you're coming from. Truth is, I don't want anything that is to small or to thin. I need to be able to hold it in my hands without feeling like it's going to squirt out like a bar of soap. Kind of how I like my man :D (did I say that out loud?)

12. BBOOZE

BBOOZE Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I'm road testing a G2 this week before deciding whether or not to ditch my iPhone 4. For the iPhone 4, you need some sort of case because the thing is so damn delicate. I don't think the G2 needs a case at all. So when I compare my iPhone 4 WITH the case on it to the G2, the size and weight aren't all that different. Just my point of view because this was a concern of mine as well.

13. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

i just got back from the t-mo store - i'm gonna get this!

and yeah.. it IS a little on the heavy side - AND thick!

and thats exactly what i want! i don't want one of these mamby-pamby light-weight teenage-girl-friendly samsung phones - i want a big strong sturdy PHONE

i'm only a year into my sprint contract and i'll pay the $120 to bail - heh!

14. Clackamas

Clackamas Well-Known Member

I got a case and that added to it's thickness. But seriously, I don't mind the weight nor the thickness. It fits fine in my front jean pocket.

15. blkidea

blkidea Active Member

Yeah I got a case too. I THINK that light for phones feel cheap, but that is just me. This phone feels like is heavy duty haha... it has a nice finish and is super smooth (software and hardware). Can't go wrong with this phone really.

16. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

i've read that t-mo isn't taking any more orders over the internet and stores are already running out

if it was "too" heavy, ppl would be passing on it and it would show in sales and inventories

this ph is doing just fine...