• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ThickButtons

The constant shifting of keys is a big negative for me. Normally when you type, you get into rhythm as you can predict were the next key is but this keyboard seems to be all over the place.

So far my preferences in order are ...

1. Swype
2. HTC keyboard
3. Better Keyboard (iphone theme)
4. Android Keyboard
5. Samsung keyboard

Upvote 0
This is the 3rd post I see about ThickButtons, and since I'm familiar I guess I'm an evangelist. I don't consider myself ham-fingered but I was making way too many errors with the stock keyboard. I'd swear up and down I was hitting the "i" but kept getting an "o" (and so I'd be swearing up and down yeah).

ThickButtons is incredibly smart at predicting what word you might be typing, so what keys you might want to press next. When it can't guess, it reverts to all keys the same size. It's cut down on my errors dramatically.

I might try Swype or its clones but right now I couldn't work without ThickButtons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones