Things I wanna see from Android

Last Updated:

1. Andrewdroid

Andrewdroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1. Easier way to sync media, data from your computer. Sure you can drag and drop which is very very nice, but there should be a less buggy way to do full synchronization. I've tried loads of different methods and each seems to have shortcomings or they seem tacked on. Nothing as nice as what Apple or Palm had in terms of syncing. (No idea how Palm does this now, but I'm talking about the Hotsync years of pda's). The best way for music seems to be iSyncr.

The nice thing about Android though is unlike Apple you aren't forced into only one way to get media on your device and you aren't forced into only using the media sync program. An iTunes-type clone without the apple bloat and apple handcuffs for Android would be nice.

2. Easier way to do backups. Right now many good backup programs require rooting. Not acceptable, many users don't want to do a root. One should be able to do something like Nandroid without doing mods and rooting. I recently had to get my phone replaced, and this was an issue. (Ended up just rooting).

3. Quick-Add for the calendar would be such a nice feature. Not sure why this isn't included. There is a workaround for this though.

Ok can't think of anything more. Iphone and Blackberry users chime in please.

Advertisement
  2. Andrewdroid

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Thread moved out of the News area to the Android Lounge for you, Andrew. ;)

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I prefer drag and drop, I hate using additional software to sync. Just more bloatware.

To sync with software, use use a windows based syncing tool, to sync the folders between the SD card and Windows folders. There are many windows sync tools available.

5. Andrewdroid

Oops sorry about putting it in the Android News area! I could have sworn I was in a different one! Unfortunately windows syncing tools don't work with my playlists on the Samsung Music Player... that's Samsung's fault though.

6. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I used MyBackup Pro as a backup solution before I rooted and it worked just fine. I had to have a phone replaced under warranty and used MyBackup to restore the new phone to look like the old one. Worked like a charm with no issues.

7. CaptainTwinkie

CaptainTwinkie Well-Known Member

To sync with Windows Media Player is super easy, you plug your phone in you enable mass storage, and you open windows media player select the songs you want and click sync.

8. Vmusic

Vmusic Member

What about some other things... like Operating System 101 things

1) TRUE OS buffer - so cut, copy and paste works between ANY applications

2) REAL OS application management - so you toggle or switch between running apps, and you don't need a third party application to know what is running and to kill something you didn't realize was running, you can set priorities for applications

3) TRUE support for ALL languages so.....
    Whatever characters in whatever language you type - can be sent through messages, cut-copied-pasted into all applications, WiFi network SIDs in ANY LANGUAGE can be read so you can connect to WiFi spots in ANY country

::who is the "genius" that said your Country = Language in the settings:: When I see things like this in the Droid... it scares me

---------------- response to sync request --------------------------------
    Syncing is actually a TOUGH thing to accomplish. Apple does it well, no doubt.

9. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

iTunes is a POS, to be honest. Syncing takes hours longer than just drag and dropping onto SD card / phone. I freaking hate iTunes, but I have no choice with my iPhones.

A big feature I would like is an "interested" feature on Android Market. I may see an app that I may not want to install immediately, but might want to do so in the future. Having a "interested app" list would be very useful.