Things I would like improved in the ASUS Transformer Infinity (TF700T)General

Last Updated:

1. bromptonista

bromptonista New Member

So, I've spent a couple of months with the ASUS TF700T and its keyboard dock. Time to rant about things I don't like.
    1) Startup time. Cold boot takes more than a minute. This is truly sad when Windows 8 Ultrabooks and Macbooks boot in seconds. Slower processor based android phones also boot faster. Why ASUS? What are you doing in this minute?
    2) Critical Bugs. By that I mean glitches that cause the tablet to hang, randomly reboot or randomly shutdown. It's not hot. It's not being used for hours. It just crashes the kernel. It should NOT do that ASUS. I don't need that. Crash the app if you have to, not the whole tablet! Similarly with hot-plugging the dock sometimes.
    3) Non-critical Bugs. That refers to little things that don't really affect productivity with the tablet but are driving me (and many others) insane.
    a) What is this graphics card driver / whatever else issue that causes the random black lines to flicker on the screen at random intervals? What are these lines? ASUS, you can definitely reproduce this. This is not found on any other android device that I own (Samsung and HTC phones and tablets mainly). I realise it may not be a big deal (stuff does not crash at least), but this is a

Advertisement
  2. Tylorw1

Tylorw1 Well-Known Member

3. bromptonista

bromptonista New Member

Thanks for your reply.
    After a factory reset and leaving the ROM to stabilise, boot is 40-45 sec for me. With no apps installed, no emails, no contacts. It's good to know that I can't do anything to improve that :(

Thanks for that, it's the first time that I come accross this explanation. I will unlock the device that gets RMA'd and install a different kernel.

I will try the battery saving option again and CromiX.
  4. lordberetta

lordberetta New Member

Try disabling the asus bloatware that you dont use like asus sync, you have a google account so you shouldnt need another sync app. Also if you use a different weather app then you can disable the asus weather app and widget. These are just some examples but they do speed up your tablet, just remember to reboot your system after to make sure they take.
  5. Minnechuk

Minnechuk New Member

I use the ASUS keyboard and would like to see the battery-use paradigm fully deplete the keyboard battery before starting to use the battery in the tablet.

I would also like to see the tablet allow charging from ANY type A USB connection. Type A USB outlets are appearing everywhere nowadays. Currently only the ASUS charger works with the ASUS tablet.
  6. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

On my TF700T, the keyboard battery gets quite low and the tablet is still around 90%.
  7. rscarawa

rscarawa Well-Known Member

Same here. Keyboard battery used up first.
  8. bromptonista

bromptonista New Member

Same here. Keyboard drains first.
  9. tensazan

tensazan Well-Known Member

The way it's set up our basically issues
    uses the keyboard battery all the way anyway. Once the tablet battery gets to 70 or 75% the keyboard starts charging the tablet, and it does this until the keyboard battery is dead.
  10. sparksd

sparksd Well-Known Member

My tablet drains first, then the keyboard, e.g., the tablet is at 74% now, the keyboard at 94%. Stock system.
  11. colchiro

I think you're referring to the dock drain issue.

Try booting with the dock attached and leave it attached. If you disconnect/reconnect, the tablet drains first (if I understand the issue correctly).
  12. snuggles

snuggles Well-Known Member

I finally put this asus tf700 piece of laggy crap to rest!

What a night and day difference with my new Sansung Galaxy note 10.1 !!!!! This tablet is so smooth and user friendly I don't know why I ever waited to put that Sh#&BOX to rest!!!!
  13. colchiro

Time to root it and install Cromi-X. :D
  14. snuggles

snuggles Well-Known Member

I just dont have the time right now to root. I need to power it on and work as advertised!