Things that bug me.

Last Updated:

1. scorrpio

scorrpio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, this is my first day with this OS, so I don't know a whole lot of things about it. I absolutely love how responsive and crisp the screen is, how fast the phone is, I love the design - chin and everything. I really like the browser, keyboard is good, and it got my contacts right away and all that.

But there are a whole bunch of issues that drive me CRAZY.
    I got a hard holster for this phone - can I get rid of the blasted screen lock? As in, have it turn off the screen after say 2 minutes, so it doesn't waste battery, but let me wake it up with any touch button. Right now, I am using the crude solution of setting the screen to 'never time out', and using manual lock button.

What's up with voice commands via bluetooth? Why can't I tap the button on my earpiece and speak a command to make a call? I used this feature a lot with my previous phone (Moto Q9c)

What's with the speaker? I set volume to max, but anything I play is barely audible. I had ok sounds when I just got phone, but then went into this 'perma-quiet mode'.

So, I get an SMS. I pull down the 'shade', see that it is something I don't need to read. Why do I need to:
    Open it
    Hold 'menu' key till context menu appears.
    Tap 'Delete'
    Confirm that I need to delete it?
    When all I want is: open shade, long-press the message, have a context menu popup, hit delete - and have an option to perma-disable the confirmation window.

I already found this SuperDialer app that is muchg better thhan the default dialer, and I did find a filemanager app. Is there something like a registry editor?

I want to love ths phone, but coming from a WinMo device, I feel like I downgraded from a PC to an abacus in terms of things I can set to my liking.

So, any pointers for the problems I list? Cause Touch Pro 2 is starting to look a whol lot more appealing to me right now...

Advertisement
  2. MarvinAndroid

MarvinAndroid Well-Known Member

I think some of your issues are just things you need to get used to and others can be fixed with an app.

For the SMS issue.. you might want to try SMS Popup because that allows you to Reply, Close or Delete the message with one touch as soon as it comes in.

3. scorrpio

Going to check out sms popup. Also, I found that restarting the phone returns speaker volume to normal. It must be a bug in some stock app. (Dialer and file manager being only installs I did)

Oh well, journey has begun. But if I can't hit the same flexibility I had via registry editor in WinMo, it might be a short journey...

Posted from the Droid. :]

4. Les Common

Les Common Well-Known Member

Do let us know if you get anything that makes the "voice dialing over bluetooth" functional.

That's the feature that I'm going to miss most, I think.

C'mon, Monday. I want my phone.

Les

5. scorrpio

Found a "stay awake screen off" widget. Still gotta hit the unlock button on top but the slide to unlock screen is no more. Now, something that will make this keyboard type faster...

6. Karganeth

Karganeth Active Member

Practice.

7. scorrpio

*I* type fast. Keyboard is slow. I am often 6-8 keystrokes ahead of what is on the screen...