Things that you wish you could do with your IncredibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wanted to see if I'm along in wanting features like these, or if there are any other nifty ideas out there. I'm not a coder, so maybe some of our brightest can cobble something like this together.

-On a factory reset, give the option to un-partition the internal storage, giving me the full 8GB (7.3GB effective) for apps and such. As it stands, the 6.6GB partition is near useless, as nothing natively uses it. This would have the drawback of no longer being visible when connected to a PC.

-Option to "merge" the mountable internal storage with a MicroSD. This would give you up to a 40GB external drive. Downside is that this is like a RAID configuration, so you wouldn't be able to remove the SD card without a factory reset (like WP7).

-Merge all 3 storage blocks (internal, internal mounted, SD) ina RaID like configuration, similar to WP7.

Advertisement
  2. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

spell check and netflix....one of those is one the way and I cant for the life of me figure out why the other wasnt added from the start.

3. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

I'd also like the option for spell check and agree with being able to add the 6.6gb to my SD card

4. coloradoskier

coloradoskier Member

Tag pictures in Facebook. I don't get why crackberry users can do this but Android users can't.

Access this forum with Tapatalk.

EgoDogg likes this.
  5. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

Manage multi-person calls effectively. At present time, you can add people to a call but you can't get them off unless you hang up on everyone. Sucks if you call someone and it goes to voicemail. iPhone's call management is really good, and I'm not sure if this is because of the GSM network or not, but if an iPhone is hosting a 5-way call, it can privately talk with one individual while the rest of the callers can still have a conversation. Why can't my Dinc do that?

Also, I want the update to the new Sense.

jj3699 and 2010 ZR1 like this.
  6. question729

question729 Well-Known Member

I wish I could pair a bluetooth game controller to it.

ikediggety likes this.
  7. blacknsb

blacknsb Well-Known Member

Why, oh why, wont hulu allow us to watch video on our phones. There was a way around it but they deliberately took it away.

Hulu, Netflix, and keyboard that does not have a delay.

8. Joe Eris

Joe Eris Well-Known Member

Watch movies

9. Soccerdude588

Soccerdude588 Well-Known Member

Well, you can root your phone. After I rooted it and put on Virtuous 3.1.0 and extra goodies, I had a hulu app. Works just fine. I'm guessing it's not made by hulu.

10. CZEN2OOO

CZEN2OOO Active Member

Have the new Sense on it without having to root. This phone is great there isn't really a point to rooting this phone it does almost everything I want it to do

11. today

today Well-Known Member

I would like to have the power to edit video into clips that I can send via mms. Also would like to be able to record super slo-mo video. Both were available and used with my previous phone, the LG dare. Go figure. Still I love my INCREDIBLE phone like a brother.

Mr. Boom likes this.
  12. jaymf

jaymf Well-Known Member

Do you mean just watch video files, or like stream movies? I've been using Handbrake to encode .avi files into .mp4 files to watch on the Incredible and it works well.

13. AndroidRider

AndroidRider Well-Known Member

Make me a sandwich...

ikediggety and mobiledevice like this.
  14. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

Rock Player works great. I have not had to encode a movie since I been using it

jaymf and smt0222 like this.
  15. GNS1310

GNS1310 Well-Known Member

Multi touch android guitar app.
    If the iPhone ever gets to Verizon, I'm getting one just for a great guitar app.

16. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

You can tag with the browser in the full site.

17. jayhawkfan18

jayhawkfan18 Well-Known Member

I'm running that same ROM and I don't have any hulu app?! Where did you get it and what is it called?

18. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

It's called the hulu app, find it in rom manager in the virtuous section under extra goodies. (modified flash + hulu) fyi, you will not be able to update your adobe flash after installing.

19. Soccerdude588

I was wondering why my flash wouldn't update anymore.

20. Vid_Junky

Vid_Junky Member

Edit video, watch tv (other than tv.com), have battery last 24 hours, the ability to turn off (@ minimum) all the crapware 2.2 brought with it, nightvision video, and the new sense.

Sent from my Incredible f

21. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

Was coming here to post this but you beat me to it. :mad:

22. jayhawkfan18

jayhawkfan18 Well-Known Member

I see the extra goodies.. so I just download and install that? & sorry but what exactly do you mean by I will not be able to update my adobe flash after installing? What will this do?

Thanks for your help.

23. Soccerdude588

I believe it just installs what it says, a modified flash. After doing that, I was unable to update flash. Of course, I uninstalled and tried to reinstall and it wouldn't do that.
    I don't see any real problems with it as of yet, I'm sure Virtuous will try to keep their modified flash up to date with current versions.

24. noonan211

noonan211 Member

I wish that my incredible could convince my IT Dept that it CAN handle exchange so that I don't have to carry a BlackBerry as well. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on BB, I just want to carry 1 device! Our IT won't allow Android on the system!) Slow day at work today and I streamed the entire Auburn/Alabama game on my incredible! What a great phone!

25. zoomin0074

zoomin0074 New Member

I wish my apps list would scroll side to side in pages like the samsung fascinate or the ipod.