• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Things that you wish you could do with your Incredible

I love my incredible but it needs two things.

1.) a seaker that does not go bad in 2 - 4 months. I am on my 3rd Incredible as it keeps blowing the external speaker and now plays music and alerts very staticy. Might be the Alarm tone doing it as this last one I have not played any music on it.

2.) Needs a 5 inch screen - I do not need a tablet like the new Dell Streak. I just need my Incredible to have a 5 inch screen and I would be all set.

3.) well if I got #2 then I would want LTE 4G on Incredible too.

Well both #2 and #3 would have to be an Incredible II

Do you work/spend time in a metal shop? I know one of the causes of speakers blowing out is metal particulate getting in the speaker. If you've had 3 of them go bad, it's almost certainly environmental.

And 5 Inch is HUGE for a phone. The EVO is 4.3" (the dell streak is 5"). You can want whatever you'd like, but that's FAR too big for me.

Upvote 0
I love my incredible but it needs two things.

1.) a seaker that does not go bad in 2 - 4 months. I am on my 3rd Incredible as it keeps blowing the external speaker and now plays music and alerts very staticy. Might be the Alarm tone doing it as this last one I have not played any music on it.

2.) Needs a 5 inch screen - I do not need a tablet like the new Dell Streak. I just need my Incredible to have a 5 inch screen and I would be all set.

3.) well if I got #2 then I would want LTE 4G on Incredible too.

Well both #2 and #3 would have to be an Incredible II

Yea I'm having Tue same speaker issue but I plug in a lot when listening to music so its not so much an issue. Although it suck to be showing a friend your cool f

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I wish it had an IR built in like the old palm pilots did so developers could create universal remote controls for TVs, DVDs, etc. It could also be used for games like shooting etc.

Dishnet released an app to where you can control the receiver so there are some things out there to achieve this but a true universal remote like a Harmony, well that would be great. I don't see why harmony couldn't make something like this and charge a bit for it. Have it work just like their remotes. Program it through their software via laptop.

Upvote 0
4) dedicated gpu and better screen quality

It has a dedicated GPU, and despite some claims, it's a solid GPU. It's just not as good as the ones used on the Motorola Droids, the iPhone, or the Galaxy S line. For the "superphone" market, it's the entry level GPU. It's still a dedicated GPU, and a good one at that.

Upvote 0
improved spelling suggestions.

ability to adjust HOW the phone corrects a word im trying to spell

Make it suggest I'm first instead of UM when im typing(same for bought/nought)

Sleep function built into andriod os.....i have tried some apps but eh. Any suggestions?

Ability to remove bloatware apps without the need to root!

Ability to use another button to wake the phone so i can unlock(2.1 allowed the track button to do this, but 2.2 doesnt)

Ability to delete email on phone and/or computer inbox

If any of this can already be done...enlighten me! :D

Upvote 0

Sleep function built into andriod os.....i have tried some apps but eh. Any suggestions?

Ability to remove bloatware apps without the need to root!

Ability to use another button to wake the phone so i can unlock(2.1 allowed the track button to do this, but 2.2 doesnt)

As for the typing issues, try out a bunch of keyboards. Swype works very well for me and the newest version even better.

Bloatware doesnt really do anything bad. If it bothers you to see it in your app drawer, use Launcher Pro and hide them.

I delete email using K9, not sure what you are talking about.

Upvote 0

Swiftkey has a very nice prediction since it learns from the way you write.

WidgetLocker allows you to use the trackpad to wake the phone.

Deleting mail was no problem before with the Gmail app.

Upvote 0

I don't know what app you're using but in the settings for maildroid you can set it to delete you're mail on the server when you choose to delete it from your phone inbox. Plus if you haven't set this up you likely haven't set it up to not store outgoing emails on your phone. It may not be an issue now but if you don't you're going to get the dreaded memory low warning. You can set it to store your outgoing mail on the server just like you were at a PC, and save valuable kb's on your phone.

Upvote 0

ability to adjust HOW the phone corrects a word im trying to spell - try a new keyboard. swiftkey tries to predict a word based on one or two characters, or even before you can start typing it.

Make it suggest I'm first instead of UM when im typing(same for bought/nought) - again a new keyboard could help this. my personal favorite is swype (or if you're rooted, the gingerbread keyboard).

Sleep function built into andriod os.....i have tried some apps but eh. Any suggestions? - try sleeptimer. works great for me. SleepTimer - Android app on AppBrain

Ability to remove bloatware apps without the need to root! - as other people said, they don't really do anything if they're there, and you can hide them if you use an alternate launcher.

Ability to use another button to wake the phone so i can unlock(2.1 allowed the track button to do this, but 2.2 doesnt). - i dont think my phone let the trackball wake it in 2.1, but maybe it was just me... anyway widgetlocker, as others have said, is supposed to let you do this. i find it doesn't work consistently. i've gotten used to waking the phone with the top button for now.

Ability to delete email on phone and/or computer inbox - if you use gmail, this does happen.

see above.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones