Things the Hero is Missing

Last Updated:

1. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

And I don't mean the same stuff everybody complains about day in & day out. (Flash, no lagging, etc)

I'm on the train playing a game on my Hero & the lady sitting across from me headphones stops working. I had this happen to my about two months ago & told her to search the market for the headset toggle widget but it wasn't there. (I forgot isn't in the market) Since my last phone was a Centro & I only had my Hero for a little over 2 months, I instinctively said "I'll beam it to you" to which she responded "You can do that?" Silly me, we can't beam apps on the Hero. So that's one of the things the Hero is missing.

The other is software related & will probably be fixed (hopefully) There were more
    calendar options on the Centro. I.E. I could set a reminder buy a monthly metro card every 30 days or to check the status on something every 3 days but on the Hero/Goggle calender I can't. Anybody else think there are things HTC could have taken from older smartphones to improve this one?

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

You can "beam" stuff to other phones, the app is called Hoccer. It works pretty well.

In regards to the other issue, there is probably a third party calendar that can do that.