Things to love about the Captivate

Last Updated:

1. simulator

simulator Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 16, 2010
    I've found a lot to complain about (see the wishlist thread). But there's a lot good with this device. My list:

- Beautiful bright screen. I really do think that it puts the ip4 to shame in the combination of size and brightness. The ip4 screen is a better resolution but for the things I use a phone for, this one has it whipped.

- Ergonomic perfection. It is weighted beautifully, and sits in my hand nicely. I never feel as if its too big or I'm going to drop it.

- Implementation of keyboard. Android keyboard works great; swype is pretty nifty too. Im already more comfortable typing on this onscreen keyboard than I was with the physical blackberry 9700 keypad.

- Great as a phone. Its loud, nice dialing features, clear and crisp conversations on both ends of the line, and a nice distortion free speaker. THis makes me happy happy as I found the phone aspect of the HTC aria to be a bit lacking (not loud enough, crappy speakerphone, folks on the other end thought sound quality bit.)

- Speed. I know I've complained about lag, but that seems to be a transient issue. By and large, its a very snappy phone and moves into most apps quickly.

What say you all?

2. Loco Leeep

Loco Leeep Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    My first Android phone so I'm not sure how much of this is Android and how much is Captivate but here it goes:

I like that it knows I want to text a mobile number. How many times has Blackberry asked me if I wanted to text my wifes mobile or office number?

I like the phone book integration, being able to link multiple contacts for the same person together is sweet. If I'm looking at someone's contact and click on media, it shows me their Facebook photo albums. That is impressive.

Live wallpapers

Notification shade

very feature rich camera. All I hear is people griping about the lack of a camera flash. This thing has all the same camera features as my Samsung point and shoot (smile detection, stabilization, etc) and it takes very good pics.

much much more.

I love this phone!
    If I could get the battery to last a whole day...