Think I may have F'ed myself in the A

Last Updated:

1. Xavion2004

Xavion2004 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I finally rooted my sprint hero (running Fresh Rom 2.3.3) and the problem i keep having is after I redownload a few of my apps, they just stop downloading. Barcode scanner has been "starting download" for 15 minutes

I had the problem last night and wiped, then reflashed the rom but same thing.

I don't know if its something I'm deleting that Im not supposed to or what but any help anyone can give me would be great.

BTW: I know its no problem with the internet connection because I can use the browser just fine, as well as search through the market, I just cant download anything.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

have you tried rebooting? That tends to fix most problems.

3. Xavion2004

Yea that was like the 3rd thing I tried but it didnt help.

4. kcmop8ntballa

kcmop8ntballa Member

try flashing a different rom. Maybe that will narrow things down a bit

5. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

I would try booting to recovery and flashing Dalvik. Helped me with a similar problem.

6. Xavion2004

Hey I think we are using the same rom, did you delete any of the .apk files after flashing fresh? I think thats where Im making my mistake.

7. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

What did you delete?

You do know that you can simply re-flash the ROM and try again right?

Or...you did make a nandroid right? You can restore to that and try again as well.

8. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

I had this problem. I had typed my gmail address in wrong by mistake when I first set up the phone after flashing the new rom. Internet worked, my other emails did also, but I also had the endless "starting download" ...Not sure if your cause is the same as mine, but it sounds exactly the same. The fix for me was to flash a new rom, then re-set up the initial gmail account... and I made sure that I typed it correctly! LOL. It was a pain, but that is the price I paid for my silly typo. Hope this helps.

See this thread: Post #5 has what I did to fix it.
    http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-sprint-hero/106295-market-hangs-starting-download.html

9. Xavion2004

I finally figured it out, by deleting the "gtalkservice.apk" file I somehow cut off the ability to download anything from the Android Market and more or less F'ed myself in the A......

Thanks to all who sent helping replies...im sure they will come in handy as I dive deeper into the inner workings of my Hero

10. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

The way I see it, it was totally worth it, just to see someone post "I might have F'd myself in the A" ROFL