Think I may have started something on my private "moms" board. Oops.

Last Updated:

1. mybad

mybad Active Member This Topic's Starter

One of the moms on my board was asking about the iPhone and I told her why would she be interested since the HTC Evo 4G is going to be released and kick the iPhone's a$$. Quite a few of the ladies on my board have the iPhone and are totally in love. It's all in fun and jest so it's not serious in any way.

Soooo, what will the EVO have/do the iPhone doesn't?

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

front facing camera for video calls, 4g connection for faster data (like WiFi wherever you go) 720p video recording (record videos that actually are enjoyable to watch since they are in HD) and 8mp camera for better and more clear pictures to enjoy your memories. a much larger screen so you can see what you want to see... a kickstand so you don't have to hold it if your watching movies on it. the ability to multi-task so if your using navigation to get somewhere and you need to send an email or text, you can do so without stopping navigation, or any other app/program. customization of android so you know what phone is yours as it will represent you, not a bunch of blocks on a screen. it also has a much faster processor, which is what makes things run, it's like the engine in a car, it does all the work, the faster it is the more you can do.

there is nothing the iPhone can do that the EVO 4g cannot, but clearly, there is PLENTY the iPhone cannot do that the EVO4g CAN

3. passivesf

passivesf Well-Known Member

Video straight out to the big screen tv via hdmi right after they record johny and suzy's easter egg hunt or tball game

4. passivesf

Covert, I thought there was an article on engadget recently that was saying the 1ghz apple processor was clocked faster than the 1ghz snapdragon?

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

the iphone doesnt even have a 1ghz proc haha, its 600mhz.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. passivesf

good point crp!

7. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Thats right, you tell em CR. lol

Nice quick response there Covert.

TS out

8. Covert_Death

yea lol that is still in developement, it might appear in the 4th gen iPhone but nobody knows, and it's not like it'll be anygood unless they allow for TRUE mult-tasking, and seriously if that is the onlything the iPhone can do on-par with the EVO then i'll LOL right in jobs face

9. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I'm excited about the Evo, but please stop slinging mud at Apple, the iphone is a brilliant device. We cant compare the Evo with the iphone until we hear its specs, comparing it to the 3gs is pointless. And good lord the mult-tasking argument is getting old, OMG I can't stream Pandora and surf the web, OMG! Sorry, if I sound bitter, but I hate all fanboys, not just Apple fanboys.

10. Covert_Death

she asked why one was better then the other, so that is why we are comparing them, nothing wrong with that, they are two techy devices, why should they NOT be compared?

that is like saying you shouldn't be able to compare a mustang to a camaro... why not?

11. mybad

Can you not read? Do you possess some defecit in comprehending the written English language? I said I purposely said that in jest b/c quite a few ladies have iPhones and I was wanting to get them "riled up" in a fun, way/have a lively debate about it. Nothing serious. Pop a freaking Xanax.

12. acp

acp Well-Known Member

The Evo is not even available yet lol and may not be here until June, which is also when the new iPhone is rumored to be released, so the comparison of a June 2010 phone to a June 2009 phone (iphone 3gs) has to be taken with a grain of salt or simply should not be compared. I don't think this hard to understand.

13. acp

acp Well-Known Member

why don't you read the whole thread before saying I can't read. your post was half serious, the other 3 or 4 people comparing the iphone vs the Evo are DEAD SERIOUS. they truly believe what they are saying and they are comparing the June 2009 iphone to the June 2010 Evo. the entire world knows there is an iphone being released in June 2010, so I'm just pointing out the obvious fallacy in comparing the Evo to last years iphone.

14. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Watch out mommy 's gonna hit you. lol

Seriously, are you saying that you can't compare the iphone to anything? Or that it shouldn't even brought up in these conversations. Either way i think its justified.

Besides, not for nothing, and although I do try to keep the peace and not be (so) bias, but this is a Android forum, an EVO 4G section and with the specs it has, comparing it to the iphone is logical. and in doing so one sees that iphone is not all that cracked up to be. Apple just makes me laugh, cause with their major introduction into the pc world with that infamous commercial throwing the hammer at the big brother screen, is now in that very same position of being the one in the screen and HTC/Google running down the aisle with the hammer.

How history repeats itself. its so funny.

TS out

jeffdlb likes this.
  15. heathershipp

heathershipp Well-Known Member

I agree!!

16. Covert_Death

well if the iPhone 4th gen were announced, then we'd be comparing to that, but seeing how her friends are already talking about the 3gs, and the evo, that is what we are comparing, if you don't like it stop reading this thread, it's that simple...

any android release around the time of the 3gs still does way more than the 3gs just because of the OS and that is what half of the difference is... the iPhone can't change that much anyway,

1. it's not going to be 4g so that argument is valid.

2. screen size won't change because of the way the software works, everyone will have
    to reprogram all their apps specifically for the new iPhone, and new apps won't work
    on the old one etc... it's the way they programmed it, they are not that smart.

3. it's not going to have android, so everything android vs iPhone OS is still valid cause
    let's face it, if apple finaly allows you to change your background to something other
    than black, well good for them, they are only 10 years behind, i can do that on a
    dumb-phone 10 years old

4. a FFC would be nice but ATT ain't gonna allow that on their crappy network, it'll burn
    it to the ground

5. if they finally add flash to the camera well again... they are a few years behind

if you want more reasons why it is perfectly okay for us to compare whatever phone we want to whatever other phone we want just ask and i'll be happy to inform you

the only thing the iPhone will still have the advantage of is it's MP3 player, but hey, that is what ipods are for... i don't want an ipod that can also make calls, i want a smartphone that does whatever i need it too

17. mybad

I keeps my pimp hand strong.

Covert_Death likes this.
  18. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Of course you can compare the iphone to the Evo, but doing so understand that it is not a fair comparison unless you compare the June '10 iphone to the June '10 Evo. So, in other words it is pointless for any concrete analysis, but sure it can be considered fun to do while we wait patiently for the Evo.

19. mybad

Are we allowed to post pictures?

20. Covert_Death

okay so tell me some specs of this June '10 iPhone so we can compare to the current model?????? care to share? you said you hate fanboys but you kinda sound like one in this thread... this whole website is full of android fans

and again no matter how fast the proccesor and how many MP in the camera, the phone isn't gonna change much besides those two things... apple takes babysteps and the competition just sprinted by, they aren't going to be able to compete to the evo no matter what they do, it's just not possible, they would have to build a new OS from the ground up, because currently their OS, no matter what version, 3.0 or 7.0 is what bottlenecks their hardware AND their software. they arn't going to release a drasticly new OS because the older phones won't be able to support it... face it, iPhone is sunk after this, it's just gonna be for sheltered people who don't really know what else is out there as long as they keep drinking that applejuice

21. Covert_Death

yea you have to post pictures using the URL link though, they don't have an upload option on this site :(

22. mybad

Passes acp a Xanax........

23. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Oh my friggen head...you are the one that snapped at me about your jestful OP lol, I was annoyed by the iphone comparisons, far from being stressed. I'm typing from my Hero and don't want to reply to all that on here Covert, I'll respond when I get home, so don't think you wasted your time posting all that. You make some good arguments btw

24. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

In all honesty I would probably love to have both phones and have the ability to switch between them every other day. I'm not trying to take the passive route here but the iPhone is what it is. It revolutionized the way people look at "phones" now and there probably wouldn't be as many innovations in the industry if the iPhone didn't come to fruition. So give credit where credit is due. However, as far as comparing the 2 ACP, Covert_Death, and TS make excellent points. It's difficult to compare until we have the most recent iteration of both devices already. Here are my personal comparisons:

Apple - the company itself has strange approval processes in their apps and love to keep things "in house" as far as what goes into the device. They don't have a very "open" policy to changing the way the device works and sure as hell keep trying to defeat the "jailbreakers" with their updates. They (steve jobs) mostly love to be on the innovating end. Just look at he won't accept Flash technology as a standard because it's not "good enough" for Apple so they want to develop their own. They are buying their own chip companies to make sure they have full control of how their processors are developed etc etc etc

Google on the other hand...well you know. It's google. Don't be Evil. LOL. They work well with other hardware manufacturers who support them. They have a growing number of apps and aren't as strict in their app policies. They develop a lot of good tools and like to make them available to everyone for free (how the hell do they do that?) like google maps, docs, chat, google voice etc etc etc

Anyways thats my 2 cents.

25. Covert_Death

cary i totaly agree with you on apple changing the smartphone standard, but i think since the original iPhone they have failed to do that again... it's been the same phone every year with something that either should have been there (3g) or one small added piece of candy, and i do give them credit for changing the smartphone world

BUT just because if came and changed things doesn't mean it is good anymore... the automobile created by henry ford changed to world and opened new doors, but i'd rather have my pickup truck now than that 100 year old wagon with an engine, all i'm saying is yes apple changed things and inovated the smartphone, but since then they have failed to do it again while other companies have caught up and surpassed them greatly by CONTINUING to inovate... small things are cool but if apple really wants the 4th gen iPhone to be cool, it can't be another iPhone, it has to do what the evo will do, CHANGE ALL THE RULES, the EVO stuffed every single bit of coolness it could get inside it's guts... and then some, THAT is what apple has to do and with their current OS i think that is impossible, even whatever functionality they add to 4.0 it still won't be open and or completely customizable

TheNorthernForest likes this.