Think we will see JB?General

1. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Well-Known Member

This phone is a wicked little powerhouse it easily runs as smooth as my Galaxy Tab 2. What do you guys think will we see a JB update from Metro at some point in the future?

Advertisement
    :
  2. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

it's very possible specially since they have over the air update capabilities on this phone now hopefully metro has their head Out their ass is now
  3. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Now it is VERY possible, a root method has just been found! Look in the ATR subforum.
    anubispax likes this.
  4. Navimaster

Navimaster Member

Hoping to see Google Now with all its features in this little device soon :cool:
  5. plasticarmyman

plasticarmyman Well-Known Member

figuring Apple won the lawsuit that makes a lot of ICS features illegal....we just may see an update so that LG can avoid a similar lawsuit...
  6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Most of apples patent wins were against touchwiz and Samsung.

Not ICS or aosp (true android)
    sammyz likes this.
  7. pcgamer

pcgamer Well-Known Member

That's true, android OS wasn't found to do any 'harm' in "The Patent Wars" (coming soon to an iOS device near you)
    genovdot likes this.
  8. plasticarmyman

good point...

i've just read that a lot of companies are going to be trying to force upgrades to JB to avoid any lawsuits as well...

and LG has to be next in line...they already took care of HTC and Samsung...Motorola is going to hand them their a-- in a basket in court though...but LG has to be in their crosshairs
  9. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Officially I doubt it, unofficially anything is possible... that is, if the bootloader ever gets unlocked/bypassed. ;)

LG is small potatoes in Apples eyes far as cell phones goes, ie LG does compete with Apple in the least in comparison to Samsung and Motorola.
  10. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

You know someone's gonna get it unlocked somehow ;) I heard sprint is getting this same phone as another name...I don't remember the name though.
    Edit: it's LS860 Cayenne....I don't know if a different model # makes the phone completely different....at least not in this case.
  11. Rxpert83

And the result was HTC pushed out an update that removed a few minor software features, and then the devs went and added those features back in.

Net result nothing.

I would hardly consider that making HTC "taken care of"

Sammy got nailed because they straight up copied stuff. Google warned them plenty of times and they didn't listen.

The problems aren't with ICS, so upgrading to jb to avoid a lawsuit doesn't make much sense
    TouchPro likes this.
  12. LGismyVISION

LGismyVISION Well-Known Member

HTC is right now in the clear , Apple is fighting with Samsung and Motorola at this point in time , They are also getting mad with SHARP and LG because SHARP makes the iPhone's displays and LG is the backup and LG can't make enough in time so SHARP has to over produce and faster than ever for Apple!

iPhone 5 is just a scam in MY EYES , I have owned the 4 , 4S , iPad 1,2 and Macbook PRO , The Macbook broke in a year (Screen) 4 and 4S were just scams and siri (Siri is actually nice and kind of worth something but the rest , not really) and iPad were epic but no customization , and loading ICS on iPad was a hassle! Took me almost 2 weeks and most of the features were slow , Ipad is just a "0.8 Dual Core" so it wont help much , But games were fine , iPad was worth some cash to me

Android is fast and great , Only thing I hate is it gets a bit cramped on home screens , iPhones are too simple , And I like Windows Phone (I had a choice of a Nokia Lumia 710 or a LG Connect about 2 months ago , Got the Connect , I wished I got the Lumia , Looked better but thats gone now)

JB might come to this device most likely , LG updates phones a bit
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  13. Rxpert83

Except siri hardly ever actually works :p. Google voice search/ Google now on jellybean absolutely kill it
  14. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I never new sammy could be another name for Samsung until now....I never owned a Samsung anything..
  15. plasticarmyman

i just can't wait for the Motorola case to get underway....I want to see what Google/Motorola has up its sleeves :)

they have good on contract devices...it seems that all the prepaid phone they come out with are crap..which is a shame

but i did hear a rumor about Metro getting the S2 sometime in the next calendar year....so that would be good news if it really happens
  16. Rxpert83

I thought i read they already announced that. Its a pretty good phone, but its going to be pretty outdated by the time metro sees it.
  17. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

Metro is getting the s3 not s2. Boost Is getting the s2.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  18. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

metro will be getting the S3 sometime next month. probably early next month.
  19. BobZhome

BobZhome Well-Known Member

First you need root and recovery...then JB may come ;)
  20. MotoTriumphant

MotoTriumphant Well-Known Member

Hey bob I remember you in the optimus v forums nice to see you again
  21. Rxpert83

That's what it was. I get mixed up with all these prepaid services :confused:
  22. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

He's thinking of switching to metro with the motion... :D
  23. MotoTriumphant

If that's the case then this phone will have a even better chance of cwm, roms, kernels and such woot
  24. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I know! He was asking me some questions about metro/vm/4G phones....he didn't even know that all 4G phones use IMEI and not MEID (whether CDMA or GSM)...he's been messing with his optimus v way too long :rofl:

No offense Bob about not knowing about how 4G phones work, I still love your work on the OV and OM!
  25. MotoTriumphant

I miss my OV with green machine theme and cm7 beast