• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinkfree office

Me_Me

Dec 18, 2010
I am having trouble using thinkfree office. I exported some data from mobile to sd card. I suppose this data can be viewed in the thinkfree office. I am having trouble viewing this. It do see them as (name).vcf files, but I can't open them or view them. Can it be opened or viewed on my phone, is there a way?

I also attached it to my email, just hoping when I do a factory reset I can download it back from the email. But before doing a reset I tried to download from the email, it gets downloaded but again I can't open it.
Clearly, I am not very familiar with the think free office, any help is much apprecaited. Thanks.

I am having trouble using thinkfree office. I exported some data from mobile to sd card. I suppose this data can be viewed in the thinkfree office. I am having trouble viewing this. It do see them as (name).vcf files, but I can't open them or view them. Can it be opened or viewed on my phone, is there a way?

I also attached it to my email, just hoping when I do a factory reset I can download it back from the email. But before doing a reset I tried to download from the email, it gets downloaded but again I can't open it.
Clearly, I am not very familiar with the think free office, any help is much apprecaited. Thanks.

I think you're being unnecessarily vague. What type of "data" did you export? The file type you mention (.vcf) is typically some sort of contact list, in ASCII format, which you could view with any text editor. What do you want to do with the data besides view it? Do you want to import it somewhere? If the data is what I think it is, I can't imagine that ThinkFree Office would be of much use.

Upvote 0
The file type you mention (.vcf) is typically some sort of contact list, in ASCII format
Yes, it is.

which you could view with any text editor
I couldn't view it with thinkfree office.

If the data is what I think it is, I can't imagine that ThinkFree Office would be of much use.
What other text editor do I need in addition to thinkfree office to view that file or any tpe of file.

Let me put it this way,
How can I use thinkfree office to view, edit, save, write documents of all types. If not all, atleast: txt, word, pdf etc.
Can you help please.

Upvote 0
When I said "any text editor", for some reason I was thinking on the computer, not the phone. If you connect to a computer and mount the SD card, you should be able to rename the file to .txt. This *might* be viewable in ThinkFree Office.

Also, Astro File Manager and EStrongs File Manager can both view text files directly on the device, and you could rename the file with either of these. Both are free.

If you're interested, you could also import the .vcf file into your contacts.

Upvote 0
So, whats the purpose of thinkfree office. Is there any particular use. I assumed its an app used in the mobile to save, view, write, edit files..just like we do on computer. It seems like I am wrong.

Yes, I have read that the Astro manager is a better app. I also read that that the thinkfree office should be used in conjunction with the google docs in order to view, write documents. So, I am confused if this app cannot do any of these on its own, whats the purpose of having that installed in my phone.

Yes, its the .vcf file that I wanted to view on my mobile, thats because I imported the .vcf file to my sd card, but I will be doing a reset for my phone, so I wanted the file to be attached to my email. I did manage to attach to my email, but when I tried to open and view it on phone, it doesn't open. I have other options, I can open this in my computer and I will do that,
But..I need to know, how anyone can view, save, edit, write documents, in phone. If I am travelling and I am not carrying my laptop, I want to be able to use my phone just the same way as my computer. I am sure its possible, just didnn't know how..Perhaps downloading other apps like the astro manager is helpful. Is that where everyone write/saves documents?

Upvote 0
My son has a version of ThinkFree Office in his LG Ally. I've never used it, but I think it's intended to be able to view microsoft office file types, like .doc, .xls, etc. I think there is a version that allows creating new files and editing files, but I'm not sure.

My Droid came with QuickOffice, but as far as I have seen there is no way to access the app directly - it only appears when you try to open a file or attachment of a type that it supports.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones