Thinking about an N7? Get it before 9/30 to get the free $25 creditGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-09-19 04:29:37
  1. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Just a heads up, Google just announced the free $25 Play store credit with purchase of an N7 will be ending on 9/30, so if you are thinking about getting one, think faster... ;)

Google Play credit on Nexus 7 - Google Play Help

As another note, you will have a year from that date to use your existing balance, all Play credit balances from this promotion expire on 9/30/2013

Advertisement
    Turbojoe, RandomSF and Unforgiven like this.
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

Tipped that for you. I asked them to give you credit if they do post it on Phandroid.
  3. AntimonyER

Haha, thanks, I tipped it myself too (before I saw your post). ;) I know I know, shameless self promoter.
  4. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

Well then I'm hoping even more that I'll go and buy mines on friday then lol
  5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

No need to fight over it, you both got credit. ;)
    I think I have just a couple bucks left, but I'll use them soon.
  6. Unforgiven

7. viper689

What are some of the better apps to buy? I already have Titanium Backup Pro, but I was thinking Light Flow Pro for my GNex (btw does the N7 have a notification light?). I would prefer to use the credit on utilities rather than games
  8. Unforgiven

If you have the credit, you won't lose it. They just won't be giving it to folks that buy the tab after 9/30.

As far as lightflow goes, I have it and love it on my GNex. The N7 doesn't have a notification led, but you can use it to manage notification sounds on the N7.

I'm not a TiBu user, so I'll defer on this to someone else. Let me check some of my other paid apps and see if there is anything else worthwhile.
  9. AntimonyER

Yeah, per my post, you have another year before you lose the credit. So take your time. Hopefully there are some good app sales near the end of the year.
  10. Turbojoe

Turbojoe Well-Known Member

The $25.00 credit wasn't a deciding factor in my purchase but it was a nice bonus. I'm not a power user and still have over $11.00 left in my account that will take a while to use up. For someone that has a need for power apps that $25.00 credit will come in real handy.

Joe
  11. dportal2006

dportal2006 Well-Known Member

lol i already used all my credit.
  12. viper689

I was thinking LightFlow Pro and maybe Beautiful Widgets, but other than that I'm not seeing anything that catches my eye lol
  13. AntimonyER

I bought a couple games and some children's books so far, but still have $18 left.
  14. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

A LED control app on an N7 would be a big waste, I'm assuming you'd use it on another device.

Beautiful Widgets on the other hand is a worthy spend of the credit.

I'm still sitting on $20 of my credit, I just can't find anything I want/need. I did use some of the credit and donated to the beta Falcon twitter widget. That thing is awesome.
  15. viper689

Yea I would use it for my Galaxy Nexus :)
  16. NOOBY

NOOBY Member

Help! When I first set up my N7, I was given the option of adding a credit card (and getting the $25) later when I made a purchase. However, I just made a purchase in Play and didn't get the $25. Any ideas?

Update: I can't seem to find Transformers, either.
  17. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

18. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Member

When i set up my N7 i did not have my credit card to hand , how do i add details now to get the credit now , i am in the UK if that makes any difference

cheers