Thinking about buying a Verizon droid to sync with my macSupport

Last Updated:

1. JDXH

JDXH New Member This Topic's Starter

Any suggestions / warnings / encouragement?

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

This forum is for Introductions so I have moved your thread to the Moto Droid Forums ... Please ask you questions in the proper forum ...

3. BrianHanifin

BrianHanifin Member

I just got a DROID, and I have a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard. Today is the first day I tried to connect via USB, and I found that DoubleTwist works great for transferring Photos, Movies, and Music back and forth. However, iTunes does not recognize the DROID, at least not out of the box.

Does that answer your question?

4. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

can someone please suggest some software for easily transferring photos / videos / music from the Droid to a Mac? Thanks.

5. BrianHanifin

BrianHanifin Member

DoubleTwist Does! ;)

6. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

I have double twist installed but I don't use it that much because it runs so damn slow on my mac. Until you mentioned that it could pull photos and videos off the device itself I thought the only thing it was good for was looking at your audio in a logical order. It makes it very easy to remove audio since its like itunes.

7. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

I'm a mac(book pro) user but I'm also a Gmail/Google Calendar user and NOT a .mac/mobile me/iCal user. The mail and calendar stuff syncs just great, since it's online anyway. I put my music on there manually (copied it to a Music folder on the SD card) and added the media/audio/ringtones, notifications and alarms directories for some of my old ringtones.