• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

thinking about getting a htc hero very soon

thatdude430

Lurker
Sep 26, 2009
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting the Hero pretty soon and was wondering about a few little details.

1) I'm a Mac user and I have my calendar and contacts synced to Google. I know the phone can sync to Google also. How effective is this feature? My past phones couldn't sync with my address book and calendar that well, so this is kind of a big issue for me.

2) If I buy it from somewhere like Newegg, would it still carry a warranty from HTC?

Thanks for your input.

I'm a Mac user also, and a Hero owner. I don't really bother with the local applications such as Calendar and Contacts, since I use the web to keep all of my appointments and contacts, i.e. Google. But I can tell you that the Google synchronization of calendar, mail and contacts is a dream. No other phone I have owned has worked as well as Google's.

As for the warranty, I can only assume HTC would honor it if your (or my) reseller wouldn't, and that you haven't rooted the phone. I have contacted HTC several times for Hero support and received prompt responses.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones