thinking about getting a htc hero very soon

Last Updated:

1. thatdude430

thatdude430 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting the Hero pretty soon and was wondering about a few little details.

1) I'm a Mac user and I have my calendar and contacts synced to Google. I know the phone can sync to Google also. How effective is this feature? My past phones couldn't sync with my address book and calendar that well, so this is kind of a big issue for me.

2) If I buy it from somewhere like Newegg, would it still carry a warranty from HTC?

Thanks for your input.

Advertisement
  2. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

I'm a Mac user also, and a Hero owner. I don't really bother with the local applications such as Calendar and Contacts, since I use the web to keep all of my appointments and contacts, i.e. Google. But I can tell you that the Google synchronization of calendar, mail and contacts is a dream. No other phone I have owned has worked as well as Google's.

As for the warranty, I can only assume HTC would honor it if your (or my) reseller wouldn't, and that you haven't rooted the phone. I have contacted HTC several times for Hero support and received prompt responses.

3. thatdude430

thatdude430 New Member This Topic's Starter

Cool, thanks for the info.

4. Mojo Fones

Mojo Fones Active Member

Syncing with Google is seamless and in the background. If I make any changes to calendar or contacts either through the web site or on the phone, it syncs up automatically soon after. This is a major attraction of Android for me personally.