Thinking about getting a Streak - AT&T contractGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Manuelitoohno

Manuelitoohno Active Member This Topic's Starter

I currently have a Captivate but the GPS is a huge let down for me, not to mention a few issues but I do love the camera and screen on mine.

Allthough i would be willing to give it up for a streak. I love the size but doing some research I found out its running 1.6 *LET DOWN* compared to my captivate running eclair, I herd Dell Is pushing out 2.2 froyo before the year ends.. so will this make the Camera shoot HD now? and will it support multi touch on other things other then the browser? and how is the GPS on the streak?

Advertisement
  2. Jeremy81

Jeremy81 Well-Known Member

The latest Twitter and Facebook messages from Dell say that it will be updated to 2.2 before November 30th. It may happen much sooner than that. Possibly next week. I haven't tested the GPS extensively but from what I have used it it works very very well and it pinpoints me even more accurately than my iPhone 4 did. I purchased the car dock which is really great with Google Navigation. The screen size makes it almost perfect as a GPS device. Multitouch is supported natively in 2.2 so no issue there. I've heard that the camera will shoot HD in 2.2 but I'm not certain.

3. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

The Streak is better hands down if you are okay with the size and the lack of stock portrait usage (apps rotate, stock launcher doesn't)

4. Manuelitoohno

Does it have the newer 1ghz processors? I.E: Galaxy S Phones or does it have the older first batch like the EVO and such? I am stuck on the EVO and the Streak... since i have the opp to change carriers since My mom has at&t and dad has Sprint...

5. MigsArte

MigsArte Member

the GPS works like a charm, cant wait to get 2.2 froyo!

i do have the problem of random reboots tho :(

6. Jeremy81

Jeremy81 Well-Known Member

It has a 1 GHz Snapdragon QSD 8250. That is the first gen Snapdragon I believe.

7. dsjr2006

Galaxy S phones are based on the same core as the Evo and other 1st gen Snapdragon powered devices the only difference is that Samsung has customized the chipset to include a different GPU which is more powerful than the Adreno that the Snapdragon uses.

8. Manuelitoohno

I dont knnow if i will still get this phone now that dell has terminated their mobile branch.

9. epi117

epi117 Member

i used gps for first time today (just got my unit) been using a iphone 4

• Clicked on address in email
    • it opened google maps
    • clicked on "to here"
    • prompted to download voice module (free)
    • voice command and gps worked like a charm

10. dsjr2006

They just fired the boss...

11. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Member

I did like the GPS/Maps program. Man not only was it accurate, and updated smoothly, but it had many great features.

I did have issues with reception for other data, however, that ultimately resulted in me returning it later today...just no internet off the AT&T towers and after consulting with AT&T and the foreigners at Dell, there's no fix for me.