• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking about getting an Eris for my wife... good idea?

phositadc

Mar 18, 2010
I have an Incredible and love it. My wife has a Blackberry Pearl, but she's not eligible for a new phone for awhile. We are thinking about buying a used Eris for her. My main concern is how buggy the phone is after the OTA 2.1 update. Does it generally work as it is supposed to, or does it have tons of bugs?

All-in-all do you think an average smartphone user would be satisfied with the Eris with 2.1?

Thanks!

You have a much better chance of getting a good Eris than a bad one, going by the majority of user input here and in other forums.

Having said that, it might be a good idea for you and her to both read the "everything" thread as much as you can:

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/53708-everything-you-need-know-about-your-htc-eris.html

..as well as other threads talking about refurbs; do a search in the Eris area here on "refurbs," perhaps.

To answer your question directly.. yes, I think you'll be happy with a refurbished Eris.

Upvote 0
we ordered a new Eris for my wife last night, she likes mine and she wanted a full touch screen phone, she doesn't like the blackberry storm and the incredible seems to be too much phone for her so the Eris was a good fit for what she wants, mine has been working great after a factory reset on 2.1 also.

so in short, i think your wife will like it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones