1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Thinking about getting the ascend 2General

1. Mastermalice

Mastermalice New Member

Hello everyone im new here. ive never had a smart phone in my life I dont even know what a smart phone is. people tell me to get with the program and upgrade to a brand new android phone. now im with criket and i dont know what phone to choose. Alot of people are raving about this ascend 2. I heard bad things about the 1st one. so my question is, is the ascend 2 any better than the 1st? i want this phone to be my first android smart phone, am i making the right choice? Anything i should be worried about? hope to hear from you all. looking forward to get educated in this stuff.

Advertisement
  2. Nate12

Nate12 Well-Known Member

I had the ascend 2 it's a good phone just a little on the slow side. If you have the money the samsung galaxy indulge is the best one they have
    Mastermalice likes this.
  3. the258

the258 Well-Known Member

I would just wait for the Glory. Speaking as an Indulge owner, Its an awesome phone but it does have its bugs here and there. There is CWM and root but no roms for the R915, battery life sucks, wont open MMS, status bar sometimes stays stuck, media at times just stops. random stuff here and there. For the price eh IMO not worth it.
    I got mine in total 371
    Mastermalice likes this.
  4. Mastermalice

Mastermalice New Member

Thanks for replying guys i guess i will wait for the glory. all i want is a perfect phone with no bugs or perks. but ive never heard of such a phone unfrunately.
  5. moonbeaver77

moonbeaver77 Member

There's no such thing.
  6. Mastermalice

Mastermalice New Member

haha i know that. technology will never cease to be "perfect".
  7. Gennymac

Gennymac Member

Don't do it. This phone has multiple problems, the data services issues are huge - the sound quality is also a large issue. Either buy a little better version, or give it another release before investing in it. I have had one for 10 days and am returning it -
    Mastermalice likes this.
  8. fihab

fihab Member

I waited 3 years to get my first android smart phone and I chose the Ascend 2. I love it! Yes the processor is a little slow and the battery life sucks (if you constantly have your data turned on that is.) Simple fixes to both... turn off your data when you're not using it and don't bog down your processor with a ton of apps. My battery lasts almost two full days because of this. Otherwise mine does everything I want it to including opening my calender, setting an alarm, searching and texting all by the voice command software that comes pre-installed, I love the swipe function, and the camera... eh it's a hell of a lot better than my last phone so I'm happy. I can watch most youtube stuff but it can't keep up with netflix or flash intensive games (which will drain any smartphone battery in a matter of an hour from full charge.) Fine by me that's what my laptop is for anyway. As for the sound on this phone yes it's quiet but you can either download or transfer louder ringtones to make up for the miniscule mono speaker. It all comes down to what you want your phone to do and how much you're willing to pay for a phone that will do it.
    I paid cricket $130 total for my Ascend 2. I love this phone and if it ever breaks or gets lost I can afford to get another one for that price.
    Mastermalice and Gmash like this.