Thinking about getting this, but?Support

Last Updated:

1. ad5os

ad5os Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys... I've been using the same phone for like 3 or 4 years. I love linux and google. I wanna know how much customizing can I do to this phone... is jailbreaking or rooting it the only way to add customizations? Are there other 3rd party or hacked UIs out there? Also that droid phone looks sick but I dont wanna switch from Sprint cause I still get a 25% discount because I use to work for a company that I am no longer with.

I think I will preorder this phone and get the $159 price and return it if I don't like it or fall in love with the drone.

Oh and how will the droid compare with the samsung with web browsing?

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Yes you can get some Home replacements on the market, OpenHome, aHome, MXtop. Those are a few I can think of, they will allow you to change icons to different packages which you can either create or get off the market (TONS of free ones). Also rooting will allow you to add full themes to the entire UI but someone has to figure out how to get root access on the Moment first. Once they do you can flash custom ROM (a tweaked/optimized version of Android) with custom icons and different color layouts. If you need more info throw me a PM and I can school you.

As for web browsing, the droid has a .5 bigger screen which makes a big difference, also I believe it has a higher resolution, and it comes with Android 2.0 (AKA Eclair) which has a better redesigned browser. On top of all that the Droid has a newer/better chipset architecture.

3. ad5os

ad5os Member This Topic's Starter

Wow thanks.. yea those programs rock.. I might wanna do my own theme.

I am mainly worried that the apps are going to suck but with so many new droid phones and devices the thing might be fun to hack with even if I get a new phone.

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I will admit the games are lacking when compared to iphone but that is mainly cuz of the hardware. Now that we have the Droid, Moment, Dragon and so on I would expect developers to take advantage of the better hardware.