thinking about givng up my droid for erisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. shanelby

shanelby Active Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 22, 2009
    ok so my hubby has decided that he want to convert over to the smart phone world (he has an envy 2 currently) and with the Bogo sale goin on we figured it would be a good time. Now i got the moto droid for me and he seen what it could do and he fell in love. Now he will not give up the keyboard but i dont want to give up the flash on the camera.... anyone else made the switch between the moto droid and eris and happy with their decision?

2. DroidDO

DroidDO Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    I know there are plenty of people on this board that have made the switch and are very happy. I was in the camp of people who planned to get a droid, but when I played with the Eris and saw how easy it was to type on, and how nice the Eris widgets and apps look, I bought the Eris. I was concerned about the flash too, but honestly the camera on the Eris works pretty good in low light. I took some pictures in my car at night with just the dome light and they look good. Comparing to my friend's Droid, both our phones took blurry pictures in very dark places (at a club) so don't worry to much about the difference.

You might want to check out these threads:
  3. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    I was contemplating getting the DROID when they both first came out, but I played with it for almost an hour while waiting in the store and determined that the Eris was much better. (IMO)