Thinking about rooting, but....looking for?

Last Updated:

1. Grecho

Grecho Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i am thinking about rooting, mainly because id like to increase performance of my droid, but also because im sick of waiting for the OTA with official flash support, are there any custom roms out there that have flash support already?

sorry if this is a duplicate post, couldnt find anything.

Advertisement
  2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Rooting with any of the 2.1 ROMS (lots of threads here - I use Cyanogen 5.0.5) and the overclocking kernels definitely will increase your performance. As for flash, the only ROM that I know of now is the Desire ROM
    http://androidforums.com/all-things...-desire-rom-11-x1-release-sense-ui-droid.html

From what I am reading it is not ready from prime time. If you can live without flash, there are numerous fast and stable solutions, all with extensive write ups in this forum.

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Flash isn't going to be in the 2.1 OTA anyway, Google/Moto/VZW have no control over us getting flash any sooner. It is upto Adobe to release Flash for us, or use the Desire ROM if you can live without 3G or phone calls (only allows one or the other).

4. Grecho

Grecho Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ah, yea i read the desire form,,, definitely not for me.... ive got to have a stable phone