• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Thinking about rooting my Dart...

Hi everyone, I'm new here and apologize if any of my questions are redundant...

I bought a prepaid refurbished Samsung Dart less than two months ago, but I'm already missing texts and having to delete things because the internal phone storage is full. I'm really not a heavy user and anything I've downloaded (a couple apps) is on the SD card anyway. If I root this phone, would I be able to move or remove unused/unwanted factory installed apps? I really like this phone, but I have nothing on it and the lack of space is really getting annoying

SuperOneClick (free download) made rooting my Dart quick & painless. Buy a big class 10 or UHS-1 mini SD card and use MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition (free) to create a 1GB 2nd partition on the card (I chose ext2 but the tool supports ext3, ext4, and FAT32 as well). Use Link2sd to set the default install location to the SD card and to link the dex, apk, and library files of all new apps (except widgets) to the sdext2 partition on the SD card. You'll have tons of space!

Upvote 0
can you provide links to these files, and any important notes on using them.
also, do you know where i could find a backup of a factory Dart? I just started rooting my phone and forgot to make a backup of the system before i started messing around.

Some more information for you and others that may read this post:
If you want to root the SGH-T499, superoneclick does work. SuperOneClick | shortfuse.org

You can gratis(free) sim/network unlock this phone very easily, you must do this on one of the original stock roms: xda-developers [TUTORIAL] Unlock Samsung [GT-S5570 / i5500 / Galaxy Ace]

The stock T-mobile and Mobilicity(Very Clean/Stock/Canadian) roms for the T499 are available here: [Archive] Stock ROMs and Tools

Finally there is a CyanogenMod 7.2 being worked on for this device, have a look at [UPDATED] [Development] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 for Samsung Dart (SGH-T499) - MADTeam Forum

If I helped you at all, please click Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones