• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

thinking about switching from att to sprint

Jogi

May 17, 2010
Ohio
Hello everyone, first off I want to say this is a great forum with a lot of info and great people. I am a current att customer with 5 lines, 2 of which are iphones, the other 3 a regular non smartphones. I have had no problems with att's service in my area. I was mostly thinking about switching to sprint because the everything data family plan looked to potentially save me about $20-30/ month plus I really like the htc evo 4g. Right now we pay about $237/ month on att with 1500 minutes, unlimited family text, and the 2 iphone data plans. The sprint everything data family plan would be $190/month for all 5 lines. Since I have been looking to change a couple things have changed or come to me attention. First off, att changed their data plans. This for one saves me money. My wife and I maybe use 400-500 mb/month each. So switching from the $30 unlimited plan to the $25 plan has saved us $10/month. I have also found out that sprint will charge an extra $10/ month for each htc evo. That is a $30 swing ($20 extra from sprint and $10 less from att) that virtually makes all savings with sprint a wash. IF my family had more then 2 smartphone users sprint would easilly be cheaper because the sprint price would stay the same while the att plan would have to go up $15 or $25 for each smatphone added. So I am on the fence between switching from att to sprint. I know I would be happy with either the htc evo or the new iphone. The savings of about $20/ would have made the decision a no brainer but now that I will probably be paying about the same amount I am not sure what I will do. Both plans come to about $210/month before taxes and fees. Actually since I just changed my att data plans to $25/month my current att bill will be $200/month plus taxes and fees. Sorry for the long post but that is my situation. Have a good one

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones