Thinking about switching to G2 from Vibrant (have iP4 and BB Bold 9700 already)General

Last Updated:

1. aneftp

aneftp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 15, 2010
    I am in a little different scenario than most who are trying to decide whether to dump their Samsung Vibrant for the HTC G2. I owned the original G1 also.

I have both ATT and Tmobile service. I usually put my ATT sim with my iPhone 4. And usually switch Tmobile SIMs between my Bold 9700 and Samsung Vibrant.

So I got a situation where I can get an even trade for my Samsung Vibrant for a HTC G2.

The main thing keeping me getting rid of the Vibrant is that it still support ATT's 1900 WCDMA 3G band so there are times I get bored with my iPhone 4, I can easily slip my ATT micro SIM (with micro SIM adapter) to my Vibrant and still get 3G speeds.

But I carry 2 phones with me at the same time and while the Bold 9700 is a sturdy phone, it's clearly lacking in multimedia features but I love a physicial keyboard on the blackberry.

So would going with a HTC G2 (with my Tmobile SIM) and the iPhone 4 (with ATT SIM) be the best situation?

Are any of you guys satsified with your switch? I know the trade offs, Samsung has more ROM 2GB vs. 1GB for installing apps. More internal memory 16GB. Better screen. But those aren't that important to me since I already carry my iphone 4 with me all the time.

I am just trying to get the perfect combo of phones to carry about with me.

2. redeye93

redeye93 Member

Jun 28, 2010
    I recently came back to T-Mobile and turned off my Iphone. I've had Iphone since release and I was just over AT&T, so I got a Verizon Droid X as my first android phone. I fell in love with the features of the OS and decided I finally felt I could make the leap from my Iphone (very difficult for me). I settled on the G2 for the physical keyboard and vanilla android experience (motoblur sucks). So my two phones I'm rockin are the Droid X (rooted) and my new G2. I liked having a keyboard option. That is really the only question for you. If you would like to have a physical keyboard option, then that'll work. You can't go wrong. Good luck on whatever you decide.