1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

thinking about switching to the s2 for boostGeneral

1. kracker160

kracker160 Member

i had the htc evo v from virgin mobile for about a week and couldnt handle the radio interface resource shortage error. my htc evo v had great 4g connections where i live, but now i want to make the switch to the unlimited minutes prepaid from boost. i was just wondering how is everyones 4g speeds and call reception on their galaxy s2? feed back is much appreciated

Advertisement
    :
  2. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Boost is on the Sprint network so call reception is good where Sprint has coverage. the 4g is Wimax so you will only have 4g in areas that have it

www.sprint.com/coverage

That is Sprints coverage map and it will give you coverage by phone for 4g, just select the phone and it will giver you the coverage for it (to see the 4g thing)

Codegerm
    76ford90lx likes this.
  3. kracker160

kracker160 Member

4. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

the coverage will be the same uses same services. since i have both phones ill speed test them for that difference. thanks for the heads up
  5. kracker160

kracker160 Member

thanks. let me know what u get on ur speed tests
  6. johnbobie

johnbobie Member

Well all I can say is that I average between 7-11 mb/s around my home area, 5-8 mb/s around my work area, and usually 2-4 mb/s in areas where I mountain bike
    IMO, the 4G speeds on the Galaxy S2 are great
  7. alpha2k

alpha2k Well-Known Member

You should be very pleased with the phone itself as well. I am SO glad I decided to plop the cash down on this phone.....coming from this past year having a total of 4 phones before this one (Prevail, Warp1, HTC Evo Design, Warp Sequent) and now this phone, I can say I am very pleased with this phone overall.

After having all those phone, and this is less than a yr mind you, I've only been on boost about 10 months now, so that said, I am VERY happy I can now settle down on a phone finally. I was REALLY close to starting a contract again. Had the S2 not hit boost, I would have probably left and gone with a contract phone.